TANARA GUITARS

Advertisement
Posted by RON on Wed, 08/21/02 - 21:35:52.

I HAVE A TANARA TG STRAT STYLE ELECTRIC AND CAN FIND NO INFO AT ALL ON THIS GUITAR. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY? PLEEEEASE!!!!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Tanara

I also have a Tanara electric, I have never been able to find any information about who made it or the year. What I can say is this, I bought this guitar with a hard case for $50. the body shape is exact match to a late 80's Fender Bullet, not squire bullet which is a cheap strat, my Tanara is Strat shaped but smaller in most dimemsions, it has a tele neck-solid maple, with a fender style skunk stripe, it has two enclosed humbuckers, one volume, one tone , a three way selector and a small toggle switch, which I have always assumed was a coil splitter, or possibly a phase shifter. Mine is black with a black three ply pick guard, the black finish has a very faint metal flake deep in the finish, not near the surface, as I said the neck is all maple, with a tele shaped head, it plays fast and easy like a tele too. If you google images for "Fender Bullet" it's almost exactly like the creamy white one that comes up near the top of the list. I think it was one hell of a bargain for 50 bucks and plan to keep playing it,probably forever. I know Fender purists don't like to hear this but I am convinced that this guitar was made by the same factory that was making M I J Fender in the 80's, it too much like those Bullets.If you'd like to discuss these guitars, I can be found over on the discussions forums USGold.

Old Tanara's Rock!

I have a 1987 Tanara TD-28S. It's a Martin D-28 style with a bit sturdier interior bracing. Solid spruce top...aged to deep amber perfection....with a crack. Beautiful purfling. Silver-nickel frets. Gold Grover tuners. Rosewood...(Indian...but it is patterned so nice...it almost looks Brazilian)...back and sides. I replaced the nut/saddle and pins with Wyoming Buffalo bone...and added faceted Wyoming Garnets to the pins heads. Then, added new Elixir 13 - 56 strings. It is one beautiful...(I mean drop dead gorgeous sounding) sounding guitar. I found it in a Utah pawn shop and paid $55.00 I'm sitting at my library today...and all I want to do is go home and play it. In fact, everytime I woke up last night...I thought of playing it. If you don't have a guitar that makes you nuts like mine does...you haven't found your soul mate yet;-)

I called the Chesbro distribution center in Idaho and talked with a helpful guy there and he did a bunch of research and called me back a few days later. Tanara is the founders grand-daughters name. The "S" in the model designation, not surprisingly stands for "Special". I haven't seen another like it....so I doubt they made very many. It is a very high quality...Korea made...instrument. Too many people discount the quality from Asian companies. Don't listen to the Parrots!

Value wise...my guitar is my favorite acoustic and I have guitars selling for 2 - $3,000.00
It's all about the quality and sound, guys. If you like the sound and looks...buy it. In fact, I'm looking at a 12 string of the same year...and it is on sale for $200...which is still a steal...unless you are the kind of person that gets a bigger thrill out of saying" Martin, Taylor, etc"....rather than simply having the quiet confidence of actually knowing value.

Cheers from Wyoming!

Tanara

I have this very same guitar, purchased new in 1987 for about $350, I think. I had a luthier do a bit of work on it, bringing the strings a little closer to the neck.

Your observations are spot on! This is a wonderful guitar, very well-made and it sounds better every year! I took it to another luthier a couple of years ago, just to have it looked at. She said the neck looked really good and that there really wasn't anything else to do to it. I love to check out other guitars, but really haven't played on one (under $5000) that I would like better than this old Tanara. One of a very few really smart purchases in my life!

tanara guitars

I have a bass and it kicks fenders ass. Mike suffers from small dick syndrome. Besides the ones he sucks. Which lccare fucking huge throbbing cocks. He wants one in each end like a Chinese cock cuff. MIKE suck dick elsewhere.

TANARA GUITARS has website

The Tanara website is now up, but I called them and they can't give you any info. When you call you reach the distributors. They also distribute for Ibanez. They know nothing about the guitars and will say only that they are built from standard parts so you can find parts at most guitar shops. They don't carry parts. They also can give me no information on the history of Tanara manufacture. The guy says the guitar is a cheapie, so they don't know anything about them. If I were Tanara, I'd be disgusted with them as a distribution company.

Angel

: I HAVE A TANARA TG STRAT STYLE ELECTRIC AND CAN FIND NO INFO AT ALL ON THIS GUITAR. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY? PLEEEEASE!!!!!

Re: TANARA GUITARS

TANARA GUITARS

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: TANARA GUITARS

i have one and want to sell it. it's a really nice playable guitar. guy offered $200 should i ask for more

Tanara Guitars

I have recently got this guitar and i can find no information on it a little help please!!!!

Tanara Guitars

: I HAVE A TANARA TG STRAT STYLE ELECTRIC AND CAN FIND NO INFO AT ALL ON THIS GUITAR. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY? PLEEEEASE!!!!!

Re: Tanara Guitars

I have a Tanara also and cannot find any info too!!! i dont understand.

Re: Tanara Guitars

: : I HAVE A TANARA TG STRAT STYLE ELECTRIC AND CAN FIND NO INFO AT ALL ON THIS GUITAR. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY? PLEEEEASE!!!!!

I used to have a Tanara. I believe they are the budget line from Ibanez but I might be wrong. They play pretty cool though.

TG TANARA GUITARS

I recently bought a use TG Tanar electrict Guitar, And I'm having problems Stringing it. Could some one help. Instead of holes to string it through it has Open Slits at the top of the neck. Any Help would be Grreat,

Tanara IS owned by Ibanez and Chesbro

www.chesbromusic.com

:i need more info regarding my electric tanara gtr. ser.#.95051883
: www.chesbromusic.com

yeah i had one they suck

i am having the same problem did you get any info about it

Just get rid of it and buy a strat.

hey man, i have a tanara p-bass and i feel ya

Just recently picked up a TG Tanara for ninety bucks at pawn shop, it was used, but this guitar is just as good as any other name brand out there. perfect creation of the guitar gods! if you know where their from, let me know!!

i just got a tanara guitar...I had to turn the truss rod a turn and a half, i love it .... if anybody has a clue where these guitars are made please e-mail me.

i just found one it is a pretty old tanara made in korea all i know on them

Re: TANARA BASS GUITARS

I just got a really old white tanara bass guitar that was made in Korea but i don't know if it is worth any money?

I got a TS-40 strat style and it accually kicks major ass..........im an expirienced player and i say they are as good as any ibanez you'll ever play.

TANARA GUITARS

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: TANARA GUITARS

I have a Tanara strat and love it! I repainted it recently. www.geocities.com/rhythmaniac1/mybluestrat.html

I've had a Tanara Les Paul Copy (cant remember the specific number) for almost two years now. I've played an actual Les Paul Custom, and this feels almost the same. Its very nice, but I cant find any other information. But yes, they are very nice instruments

Three years later, I'm still playing the same guitar and I love it even more than I used to. Still cant find any other info on them, though.

Seems like every couple of years I stumble across this post while searching for info on this beast. I at least found out its called the 'TG-100'...

Its funny... I paid 300 for it almost eight years ago, I have several guitars valued at $1,000 or above, and this is still my go to girl.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.