ventura v-6

Posted by Sherri on Mon, 07/01/02 - 23:45:07.

I just acquired a Ventura v-6 and am under the impression it's a Japanese import by Fender. Does anyone have any information to share regarding this particular guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ventura acoustic 1968 sunburst

My guitar was stolen in 1985 in Bryan College station
I think it was taken to Huston but I’m not sure
I didn’t have the s/n written down. It was a beautiful
Guitar. Roses on pickguard pearl inlay fret board
Action was lowerd. If anyone has a guitar like it or has seen a guitar like it
I would be willing to pay a reward. I know it’s a long shot
It’s been so long ago. I would love to get it back.
Thanks for listening:Noah

Ventura v-6

Bought my v-6 Ventura new in the mid 70's. It is in great shape and plays very well. Guitar is nearly 50 years old, and a better instrument than a lot of newer ones.
Jerry, Corsicana, Texas

Ventura V6

Bought a Ventura V6 around 1976 from a friend for $70. He has gone through more than a dozen guitars since then and I still play the V6. I am just a strummer but I love the deep tone of the guitar. Bought a couple of guitars since but sold each one and returned to the Ventura. Would never own a Chinese guitar, but these were made in Japan. The fact that they were sued by Martin and Gibson means they were pretty good copies.

Ventura V6

I bought a V 6 around 1972. Was told the ventura plant closed in 69. My V 6 is in great shape, and is still as solid as when new. Japanese guitars. Very good quality. Sounds great.

I have a Ventura Bruno v-6

I have a Ventura Bruno v-6 for sale. Only serious buyers please and thank you.

Bruno V-6

Do you still have this guitar? How much would you sell it for?

RE: Ventura V6

This was my 2nd guitar, my first being a little $25 thing my parents bought me to see if I would learn and stick with it. They bought me the V6 at a pawn shop for about $100. It had a slight imperfection in the neck because it was damaged in shipping. In a moment of a bad decision, I pawned it while I was in college, but could never afford to get it out. I've missed that guitar ever since and would love to find another. So far, I haven't been able to find one anywhere. If anyone reads this thread, please reply to this.

V6

I have one I am reassembling plays great

ventura v6 guitar

I have a ventura v6 guitar and i am willing to part with it. its a great guitar that has a great sound call me and make an offer.I am reasonable
thank you

Mark Lake
469-992-0089

RE: Ventura V6

This was my 2nd guitar, my first being a little $25 thing my parents bought me to see if I would learn and stick with it. They bought me the V6 at a pawn shop for about $100. It had a slight imperfection in the neck because it was damaged in shipping. In a moment of a bad decision, I pawned it while I was in college, but could never afford to get it out. I've missed that guitar ever since and would love to find another. So far, I haven't been able to find one anywhere. If anyone reads this thread, please reply to this.

Re: ventura v-6

I have a Ventura V-6 S/N 35034 that I bought used from a friend for $100.00 in 1971 or 1972. I have also been trying to find out the history on these guitars but haven't had much luck yet. The guy who sold it to me told me it was an Alvarez knock off. I don't know.

I have a V-6. It was given to me as a birthday present from my girlfriend in 1977 or 1978. She purchased it new from Progressive Music in Kalamazoo, MI. As I recall, she paid $150 for it. The label says, Ventura, Fine Fretted Instruments, Serial # 48850, Model # V-6, designed in USA, built in Japan.

Hi..

Just saw your post. I have a Ventura v-6 that my brother bought new somewhere right around 1982. The guitar is still in amazing shape. I love it, it plays well and sounds great. sorry but that's all I know... I don't remember how much he paid for it new.

Curtis

: I just acquired a Ventura v-6 and am under the impression it's a Japanese import by Fender. Does anyone have any information to share regarding this particular guitar?

: Hi..

: Just saw your post. I have a Ventura v-6 that my brother bought new somewhere right around 1982. The guitar is still in amazing shape. I love it, it plays well and sounds great. sorry but that's all I know... I don't remember how much he paid for it new.

: Curtis

: : I just acquired a Ventura v-6 and am under the impression it's a Japanese import by Fender. Does anyone have any information to share regarding this particular guitar?

I'm with Lee - I bought a Ventura V-6 (it also says "Bruno" on the inside label) used in Austin in 1972 and played it until about three years ago. I still love that guitar - sweet, warm sound, thin neck, great projection - but the neck has a slight warp that nobody's been able to pull out of it, and the result is about a quarter-tone of sharp at the octave. If I could get the neck fixed, I'd still be playing it. I think it was made in the late 60s. Regards, Dana in San Antonio.

Hi all-
I am the owner of a Ventura V-6 that I have owned since '79. Texas State Pawn, $39.00! I have no earthly idea who imported them, or when the company disappeared, but, this IS my all time favorite acoustic guitar! I do own a Martin D-28 (not ready yet, too new) and an Ovation. Having said that. I stand by my earlier staement- I only play the Ventura for right now.I love the thing! I own about (last count) 12 other guitars, but my first love is the Ventura! Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find out pertinent information on these guitars?
: Hi..

: Just saw your post. I have a Ventura v-6 that my brother bought new somewhere right around 1982. The guitar is still in amazing shape. I love it, it plays well and sounds great. sorry but that's all I know... I don't remember how much he paid for it new.

: Curtis

: : I just acquired a Ventura v-6 and am under the impression it's a Japanese import by Fender. Does anyone have any information to share regarding this particular guitar?

Hi my name is Steven, I live in Austin, TX. I just stumbled upon a Ventura V-6 from a friend for free, its in reasonably good shape. From what I could find these guitars range around the late 1960's to mid 1970's. They are "japanese made Martin D-18 clones", as put from a vintage guitar owner. Most people claim that they sound just as good as the D-18's, but I still have to re-string the thing and clean it up, and maybe add new bridge pins before I can say anything about the sound.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.