Re: Sekova 60's guitar - any info at all?

Advertisement
Posted by Darlene on Fri, 01/16/09 - 14:24:37.

: I am researching the Sekova line of guitars, specifically ones made in the late 60's early 70's. So far I have only found mention of a few mandolins, a banjo, and a few "black beauty" Les Paul copies (which had very good reviews from their owners). Please help me out with any information you have on non-Les Paul Sekova solid body electrics, or the brand name history in general. Thanks Very Much!

Hi
I have a Sekova acoustic that I purchased in Pittsburgh in the '80's...i don't know the model. It was left in an attic through very hot summers and freezing winters and the neck pulled away from the body. :-(
I know that guitarists will cringe, but I glued it back on with crazy glue. That was about 15 years ago. I still have it and it stills plays well and sounds beautiful-and believe it or not I stuck an Earvana nut on it and the intonation problems were solved.
Miracle Guitar! :-)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

SEKOVA GUITAR - VALUE? [1960's]

I have a sekova 2-tone guitar [1960'sand am trying to determine the value before selling to be sure that I get the accurate fee.

Sekova F1010 6-string

I purchased this guitar in 1976 for $75.00. I was told it was a low-grade Martin. It is in excellent condition - the case is a bit worn. The sound is wonderful. Any information on this guitar would be appreciated.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.