Hikare guitar

Posted by Esther Akin on Sun, 09/03/00 - 02:16:10.
In Reply to Old Town Guitars

Just picked up a Hikare guitar at a garage sale. Cannot find any into in web regarding this make. Can you tell me anything about it?

Model #H250A - Designed in Hawan - Built in Korea.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hakare Guitar

I purchased a Hakare guitar in Hawaii in 1977. The model is a CG - 66. I paid $75 for it. I took it in recently for some minor repairs, and the technician told me today's price would be worth about $150. The great thing is that sounds just as good as any Martin or Gibson out there. It's held up well. I treated it good I'll never part with it.

Hikare guitar model H308A

Any body know anything about this guitar?
6 string. Pretty good shape

hawaii ukulele cu 403

I typed the name in and hikare pops up. Could someone tell me what kind of ukulele I just bought?? It doesnt say hikare but cant find any info on it. Please help.

Hikare 12 string model #H220A

My husband bought this guitar in 1985, it's still in excellent condition. After making the purchase, he had to space the strings apart correctly and lower the strings and it still looks and sounds great. Would anybody know the approximate value of this guitar? Husband has 5 guitars and 1 has to go! Thanks!

Hikare Mdl #WG 89

I bought a Hikare, 6 string, Model WG 89 new in 1982 (or there abouts). It is still beautiful, sounds better than my taylor, and has held up totoally except for the tensioning rod (have to leave it loose). I will never part with it. Anobody know anthing about it? Modeled after a Gibson and just a beautiful, great sounding guitar...disinged in Hawaii made in Japan. (Why are they out of business????)
DEarl

Re: Hikare guitar

I got my Hikare guitar from Salvation Army for $25. What a deal! My model is a CG 101, 6 string classical guitar. The soundboard was crakced when I got it, but I had repaired it with glue (not the best remedy, but I work with what I have). Designed in Hawaii, built in Japan, I can see how it could pull itself apart, but mine hasn't yet, so I'm fine
with mine.

Hikare Guitar

I have a Hikare Guitar Model no. FG6 never used.I don't know how to play it. its in real good condition.How much is it worth.

i have a hikare classical 6 string guitar its a piece of junk, everything is breaking. and thats all i have to say realy

i have a hikare that someone put wire strings on instead of nylon and the lower part where the string go is comming up. i took it to a music store and they said it wasn't worth fixing. need info

HEY !!!!!!!!! I TOO HAVE A HIKARE GUITAR.
I PICKED MINE UP ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AT A PAWN
SHOP IN HOLLYWOOD. THE MOD#: WG 62
THE GUITAR IS A SIX-STRING, DESIGNED IN HAWAII &
BUILT IN JAPAN.....I AM GOING TO TRY TO FIND OUT
MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY "HIKARE" & WILL TRY TO GET
THE INFO TO YOU. WRITE BACK.....
DONNY
The "Hottest" Guitar Player in the World.

: HEY !!!!!!!!! I TOO HAVE A HIKARE GUITAR.
: I PICKED MINE UP ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AT A PAWN
: SHOP IN HOLLYWOOD. THE MOD#: WG 62
: THE GUITAR IS A SIX-STRING, DESIGNED IN HAWAII &
: BUILT IN JAPAN.....I AM GOING TO TRY TO FIND OUT
: MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY "HIKARE" & WILL TRY TO GET
: THE INFO TO YOU. WRITE BACK.....
: DONNY
: The "Hottest" Guitar Player in the World.

Hey - I just bought a Hikare guitar at a pawn shop
Steel string - did you ever find out anything about the guitar?

Hirake guitars was a failed attempt by a cabinet maker in Hawaii to start up a new business venture. Though the look was of a Martin, the inner bracing was not copied and the guitars basically pulled themselvs apart when strung. Any survivng instruments may have been a failed attempt to correct this problem. They were made in Suwon City outside of Seoul.

Hikare Guitars

Hi Hana;

You are correct, these guitars were designed and manufactured in korea. I have a 12 string model that is fashioned after the martin. Spruce top laminate, the saddle and nut are deteriorating, I have had mine since the early 80's, and at that time it was a second hand guitar I found on the side of the roadway.

This one was constructed rather well but was difficult in getting the action corrected took a lot of trial and error. It is in pristine condition. I replaced the head machine tuners over the years and utilize light gauge strings so as not to put stress on the bridge to the nut. The truss is placed perfect center and although requires constant tuning and is hard on the fingers.

The inner bracing was somewhat odd, as it appears the maker was trying not to sacrifice too much stress under the bridge but required a strong cross bracing from under the saddle of the bridge. It's still my favorite because I resurrected it from the dead.

12 String Hakare

Purchased my 12 string Hakare in 1983, second hand for $230 (too much). It had a deep tone though the action was high. It was one of two guitars that I owned for 20 some years (the other, a very cheap 6 string). I had an expert luthier work on the neck and replace the heads in the mid 1990's... and finally got a case for it ( traded the 6 string for a really good quality case). It is aging well. I play it a key lower than concert pitch and it sounds like an old time 12 string; the kind that Alonzo Garbonzo would call a dinosaur.

WRONG!!

WRONG!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.