Re: Guitar appraisal

Advertisement
Posted by dialectik on Thu, 03/15/01 - 17:22:57.

I have an Epiphone Nouveau archtop guitar - I've never seen one before, I can't find squat for price. The information I received from Gibson was that this model (NVJ-n) was designed by Gibson, made in Japan, and assembled/finished at Gibson USA, only between the years '87-'89. It first ran under the Gibson name, later under Epiphone.

This model is an archtop, full inlays and binding, with "Epipone" script and "Gibson" in 7-verticle layered diamond pattern, both inlayed, on headstock. Curly maple neck, back, and sides, spruce top, rosewood fretboard and bridge. All natural finish. All Gold hardware, single humbucker. Gibson case.

Anyone ever seen one of these? I can't find it in any price guide- any ideas on value? Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

The Epiphone NVJ

Do these have the 25.5" scale?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Guitar appraisal

I don't know but I also have one but mine says Nouveau across the top and Gibson from top to bottom down the middle of the head. It sounds fantabulous. I bought it used with a genuine Gibson hard shell case and would not sell it easily. I, however, also would like to know its value.

Re: nouvea by gibson/epipohone model NVJ

Yes, it is the same guitar, made the first months before 'nouveau' was put in liue of 'gibson'. I still havn't found any more information. Ill post it if I find any.

: I don't know but I also have one but mine says Nouveau across the top and Gibson from top to bottom down the middle of the head. It sounds fantabulous. I bought it used with a genuine Gibson hard shell case and would not sell it easily. I, however, also would like to know its value.

http://www.areaguidesmall.com/product_details.asp?kdmsj=187&prodid=12596&source=cat&catid=1999

There's one for sale on line for $1200US. I paid $800US 6 years ago.

I have had one since they first came out. Mine does not say "Noveau" on the headstock. A very nice guitar.

Roytek guitar

Roytek guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Roytek guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.