Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics VOXTON GUITAR

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

HI I HAVE A VOXTON GUITAR MODEL# X209 WONDERING IF YOU MIGHT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW MUCH IT MIGHT BE WORTH . IT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND ONLY PAID $25 FOR IT.. WE WERE TOLD IT WAS BOUGHT IN 1967 USED… CAN YOU HELP????

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

This comment is particularly for Strumchum who posted a text about loving his guitar and is need of parts. I have one available if he’s interested. Please text me at [email protected] my name is Rachel. Thanks

Anonymous

My dad had a voxton guitar that he used in the ministry. The neck is broken and im looking to replace the neck. Does anyone have a decent neck for sale. Ive heard that they arent worth much but i just want it to keep my dads memory alive.

Anonymous

I am looking for one of these. It is ok if neck is broke. I dropped my husbands and broke the bottom! Let me know if anyone has one to sell!!! Thanks

Anonymous

I have a Voxton guitar model x202 serial number1797014. Can anyone tell me what I have?

Anonymous

I noted that you are interested in a replacement Voxton. I have one which is in nearly pristine condition. Let me know if you are still interested.

Anonymous

I have a Voxton acoustic guitar that I bought new in the late ’60’s. Can anyone tell me about it and would anyone be interested in buying it?

Anonymous

What shape is it in and what are you asking? I saw one here in a pawn shop (Voxton X214) priced low and was googling to find out more about it.
        Thanks,
        Ross

Anonymous

I bought the voxton X-203 new sometime in the late 60’s It has cracks in the finish not in the wood, tunes and plays well. Don’t know if I really want to sell it, makes for a great conversation piece when folks see it in my collection. I have absolutely no idea what it is worth and have had no luck trying to find out its value. What do you think its worth?

Anonymous

I really don’t know much about the guitar other than what I’ve managed to glean from Google searches. I found a VOXTON X-214 in a pawn shop (it’s a 12-string), and was curious to know more about it, before being tempted into purchasing one.
            Ross

Anonymous

I am trying to find that model. I dropped my husbands and it cracked! Love to hear from you

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I also have a Voxton x209. Beautiful guitar, plays well, though am in the process of putting in new pots. Have never seen another and I’m kind of stoked about that. I’ve heard that they’re not worth much, but the fact that mine is old, perfect and plays well — and there aren’t many like it — makes me pretty stoked to have one. I wish there was a Voxton history site somewhere. Surfin’Dude

Anonymous

Voxton guitars were actually Vox guitars, made (or at least distibuted) by the same folks that made Vox amplifiers. I think Vox guitars became Voxton around the time the Vox company was purchased by Thomas Organ Company in the late 60’s and moved to California. I had a Voxton Les Paul copy in 1971 and I wish I’d never sold that guitar! It was excellent, very playable and decent sound. As you know, these are very rare today, as, unfortunately, the Voxton line marked the beginning of the end of Vox’s glory years. Go to "http://www.voxshowroom.com/contents/index.html" for more info about Vox.

Anonymous

Actually, Voxton guitars were made by the Thomas Organ Company and just about all were Japanese imports. I bought an X-209 new for about $200 back in 1971 or ’72 and got rid of it in 1975 (trading it for an Ibanez Les Paul copy that Gibson sued Ibanez over). The action on Voxtons was sort of high. They buzzed a lot and fed back like hell!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.