Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics PRS appraisal

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

greetings! anyone have an idea of what a 1986 PRS standard painted top moondot neck would be worth? a few things of note – it’s one of the first thousand PRS’s produced (serial no. 6 0516) and it’s color – solid canary yellow – was discontinued shortly before the 1000 guitar mark. i have original documentation including receipt and warranty card. also have original "defective" saddles. according to paul, who actually answered the phone when i called the company shortly after i bought it – the saddles on his first guitars had very sharp angles that caused the strings to break easily. he promptly sent a replacement set. the guitar has many scratches and dings but sounds and plays perfectly and the case is all but destroyed from years of touring – hopefull adding to the personality. just curious if anyone knows what sort of interest this instrument would generate. THANKS!

Related Article:
    See where PRS came in the list of the Best Electric Guitar Brands

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hello,
      I have no idea who posted the last response, but it was way off base even in 2004. The solid yellow guitars are among the rarest out there. One recently sold, in nearly mint condition, for $8,500. I am the original owner of a 1986 canary (banana) yellow guitar with bird inlays, and the serial number is in the 1480’s.
      Hope this helps,
      Axxeman

Anonymous

its worth around 6to7 hundred dollars int he condition its in if it was in mint it would be worth 900 to 1000 dollars

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.