Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2003

Archive for posts from March, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: serial no.s help

:
: Hi people,

: Is there anywhere on here or the web where I can find the exact date of manufacture of my yamaha fg300 & 160 guitars??

: many thanks,
: Davy.

Further follow-up! U should find an 8 figure no: on the FG300. The first digit is the year (1 could by 61,71 etc but the 300 was only made from 68 to 75) the second 2 digits are the month (01-12), the 4th & 5th digits are the date (1-31) and the last 3 the guitar no. Not sure if this applies to all Japanese Yamahas but hope it will help. Roy

Slide Guitar

Check it out! Dr. Slide is the best slide player in the world bar none!!! drslide.com

Re: Slide Guitar

: Check it out! Dr. Slide is the best slide player in the world bar none!!! drslide.com

Sorry I can't agree. He's good but he's not world class

Re: Slide Guitar

: Check it out! Dr. Slide is the best slide player in the world bar none!!! drslide.com

Sorry I can't agree. He's good but he's not world class,

Smokin' jazz-rock fusion radio on the Web

A small percentage of you will call this spam, sorry, but most any guitar player will need to check out http://www.fusiongroovin.com and the station itself, at Live365.com. It's THE source on the Web for the hottest modern instrumental jazz-rock fusion radio, with a huge playlist from nearly 100 artists. Completely guitar (and bass!) oriented... a musician's dream!

'nuf said!

Enjoy!

Washburn D - 18 mahogany top ???

Found this in a local pawn shop.
Looks real, nice brass and gold plated hardware a comes WHSC.
Is their such an animal.....all help is appreciated......

Re: Washburn D - 18 mahogany top ???

: Found this in a local pawn shop.
: Looks real, nice brass and gold plated hardware a comes WHSC.
: Is their such an animal.....all help is appreciated......

i found one used at a guitar center in really good condition.

Re: Washburn D - 18 mahogany top ???

: Found this in a local pawn shop.
: Looks real, nice brass and gold plated hardware a comes WHSC.
: Is their such an animal.....all help is appreciated......

I have a D-18 all Mahogany Which I changed the brass parts to bone & everyone that has played it loves it. I got less than $200. in it & turned $500. down for it. I love the sound & the way it plays, I saved all the brass parts.

good accoustic-electric between $400-$600 range

hi all.. does anyone have some good recommendations for an accoustic-electric around the $400-$600 range? I like the gloss black finish look. I'm currently looking at the takamine eg561c, the martin 00cxae, epiphone aj18sce, or the epiphone pr5-e. are any of these good guitars? I may stop by a local shop and see if they have any of these to play them, but I'm also looking for feedback from people with experience. Thanks.

About Sessionette 75 diagram

About Sessionette 75 diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : About Sessionette 75 diagram

my old kay

does anyone have any info on an old jay guitar with a seagull motif painted on it? i'm sure that it was part of the original guitar, and not painted on later. it was my dad's and i have no clue about it except that it's a kay....thanks!

Kay Guitar

I own a 1967 kay Guitar, and I'm wondering how much it is worth. Please help me. I know it was a very popular brand of guitar in the 1960's.

Re: Kay Guitar

: I own a 1967 kay Guitar, and I'm wondering how much it is worth. I know it was a very popular brand of guitar in the 1960's.
Please help me. If you know anything about this guitar, please email me at bigred_889@hotmail.com
Thank-You

Re: Kay Guitar

I ALSO OWN A 1968 KAY GUITAR, AND WOULD LIKE TO KOW THE WORTH OF IT, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME,ALSO I HAVE A SILVERTONE MADE IN THE 20'S AND BY SEARS, WOULD HAPPEN TO KNOW THE VALUE OF IT AS WELL? I AM LOOKING AND SHOULD I FIND OUT MYSELF I WILL LET YOU KNOW. THANK YOUSO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.: : I own a 1967 kay Guitar, and I'm wondering how much it is worth. I know it was a very popular brand of guitar in the 1960's.
: Please help me. If you know anything about this guitar, please email me at bigred_889@hotmail.com
: Thank-You

,music

punk rock rules

Acoustic guitar VS classic guitar

Please if any one can answer me !!

Hi

I'm a beginner in the guitar world and I've just bought one witch my dealer call a classic guitar (I have a Maxtone CG-390N made in Taiwan ). I searched over the internet to know WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CLASSIC GUITAR AND THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR and I found that the classic guitar has nylon string and a wide neck while the acoustic guitar has steel strings and narrow neck. For me that was VERY CONFUSING since my guitar have three steel strings (6th, 5th and 4th) and 3 nylon strings (1st, 2end and third) !
And just can't stop asking myself about the real identity of my guitar, what should I do about that ? what kind of music can I play with ? Does this affect the way to tune it ? and the most important if a classic guitar will be an acoustic guitar by just changing all his strings to steel ones.Please help
Thanx a lot ...

Sleem

super_actif@hotmail.com

Re: Acoustic guitar VS classic guitar

weLL dudE, as i kNow, classic guitaR iS m0re..weLL usually in soLos done by decent g0od preaching peopLe like those classical music guyS.. they use classic guitar becauSe theyre music is expressed deeply in the musiC, specially coz the strings are more slippery so more diff. sounds can be made.. weLL acoustic is more modern and louder so its sound quite niCe when ur in a group or smthiNn... i myself use classic because..weLL i had a mistake beFore coz i didNT knw there was a difference.. either waY, they sound simiLar! but i admit acoustic guitars l0ok much MOre aWesoMe..hehe classic guitar are t0o buLky..but if i were y0u, classic guitars wouLd be nicE because the s0unds aRent t0o "sharp" (smooth sounds)

Yeah man i got a classic guitar its sounds are deep very similar to a base. It rocks

WheN a guitar has 3 steel and 3 nylon strings, its Considered a NYLON STRING GUITAR because the last 3 steel strings really cant be nylon because the sound will be Light... which is wrong... s0, if it has all 6 steel strings, thats a STEEL STRING guitar

Need instructions for tascam porta studio 488

Hey Ya'all,
I was wondering if anybody out there could e-mail me some instructions for a tascam portastudio 488 or some advice on how to properly use it. You can e- mail me at surfspank@yahoo. ca Thanks in advance. Joey and Jake

Re: Need instructions for tascam porta studio 488

: Hey Ya'all,
: I was wondering if anybody out there could e-mail me some instructions for a tascam portastudio 488 or some advice on how to properly use it. You can e- mail me at muzartsconcepts@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance. Lanre Oliyide

Hey!! I have the same problem as a few others, I have a tascam porta studio but have no idea how to use it!!! I would be really greatful if someone could email me some instructions. My email is satsumip@hotmail.com. Cheers, Sarah

: Hey!! I have the same problem as a few others, I have a tascam porta studio 488 but have no idea how to use it!!! I would be really greatful if someone could email me a manual. I am also looking for a service-handbook. I prefer a german version. My email is kusali108@web.de
cio Kusali

same prob here! help!

timetravel@delorean.com

: Hey Ya'all,
: I was wondering if anybody out there could e-mail me some instructions for a tascam portastudio 488 or some advice on how to properly use it. You can e- mail me at surfspank@yahoo. ca Thanks in advance. Joey and Jake
i have the same problem. could you email me at jskemp@charter.net??

try this url and you will find one

: try this url and you will find one

http://www.customflix.com/206397

Ovation 12 String (Collector Series)

I have a Ovation 12 Model 2986-6 Collector Series (1986). Can anyone give me a value on this guitar or how I can get a value for either trade or sale?

Re: Ovation 12 String (Collector Series)

I've been checking these on ebay. A decent 12-string ovation from the early 80's will go for around $250-$300 w/case. Some are in good condition, some are not. Mint condition could go for as high as $400. I am trying to rebuild my collection of models that I have owned in my life and am looking for an early 80's 12-string. I would be willing to trade off a 50's Kay f-hole archtop in very good condition worth about $300. Interested? If so, write.

Does anyone out there know where i can get tab for THE WHOLE STEVE VAI SCENE of crossroads??!!

i need the tab for the headcuttin'duel with steve vai from crossraods,not "eugene's trick bag" the whole dual if anyone knows where i can get it pleaaaasssseee let me know.

Re: Does anyone out there know where i can get tab for THE WHOLE STEVE VAI SCENE of crossroads??!!

: i need the tab for the headcuttin'duel with steve vai from crossraods,not "eugene's trick bag" the whole dual if anyone knows where i can get it pleaaaasssseee let me know.

Why bother getting Tab? Listen to the part(s) that you want to learn and when and ONLY when you can sing the part unaccompanied [does not matter how good/bad a singer you are], then take your guitar and simply play it. If you know the 'song', the notes will fall into place almost by themselves. Painting by numbers will never make you an artist. Same for Playing by Numbers [Tab].

Re: Does anyone out there know where i can get tab for THE WHOLE STEVE VAI SCENE of crossroads??!!

: : i need the tab for the headcuttin'duel with steve vai from crossraods,not "eugene's trick bag" the whole dual if anyone knows where i can get it pleaaaasssseee let me know.

: Why bother getting Tab? Listen to the part(s) that you want to learn and when and ONLY when you can sing the part unaccompanied [does not matter how good/bad a singer you are], then take your guitar and simply play it. If you know the 'song', the notes will fall into place almost by themselves. Painting by numbers will never make you an artist. Same for Playing by Numbers [Tab].

Well said young man, well said!

Hey, if you still need the site that has the tab for the dual...email me. guitar@san.rr.com I have the exact tab onsite. it's hard, but it's correct. so yea...just email me. l8er.

go to www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk. just got it from there myself

Old Suzuki Guitar

I have an old Suzuki 6 string (steel) I bought back in 1990 from a friend who needed the cash. It is a Suzuki W1200 (W200 the 1 is really faint)the serial is 45007. It needs a new bridge. Just wondering if this old guitar is worth having repaired. Any info appreciated!

cold temp damage deal?!

I have found a great deal at a guitar shop on a new Alvarez MF90...beatiful sound and only $299. I checked online and it is originally $1000 msrp. It is marked AP almost perfect and has a split in the finish that does not appear to be a deep one. The sound is wonderful and the small shop owner reported he set the guitar in back for 3 months to see if the split would worsen and it hasn't...si not split under the brigde...He stated the split was due to being exposed to cold weather....What kind of effect does this exposure have and do you suggest buying the guitar?!

Re: cold temp damage deal?!

If the split is just in the finish then it won't really matter. The finish cracked from contraction/expansion during the either the cold to warm phase or warm to cold phase. As long as it didn't penetrate to the wood there's no real difference in performance.

the gig went great and things are lookin really good from here

The show went really well I had a solo and I ripped it up. I got it on video and everything looks really good. I'm in three bands now and we're practicing everyday almost. I'm playing lead in all three so it's kind of alot of pressure for a 13 year old, ya know? But things are looking great my band that played the show got lots of publicity and we are booked for another show later on in the month. Everybody posting stuff it's really cool to read. Keep on rockin in the free world.

COOL ! !

YEAH!! DO DAT SHIT,man.

hey

what's up everybody? In the middle of makin my record. It'll be released this summer. It's gonna be stellar. Gott go. Peace.

Re: hey

Tom Delonge! Holy sh*t man I'm such a big fan of yours! dude it's so cool that you posted somin. I know your record is gonna be sweet!

you're a fuckin faggot, dude.

Tom DeLonge you are de boom!!!! I would love to meet you soon! My friend knows your mom. So if you'd like to know e-mail me

Tom you suck cock.
Fuck off.

Anyone heard of a Guild Aviator

hard body electric with kaylor tremelo and with double and two single active emg pickups.It was a limited edition guitar i bought back in 86 for 1,000 dollars.Cant find any information on the websites about this guitar.This guitar is in mint condition.
Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

Re: Anyone heard of a Guild Aviator

: hard body electric with kaylor tremelo and with double and two single active emg pickups.It was a limited edition guitar i bought back in 86 for 1,000 dollars.Cant find any information on the websites about this guitar.This guitar is in mint condition.
: Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

Hey I do have one blue guild aviator guitar. I bought it new around 1987 I think. It s a great guitar, and actually I have never seen another one out there !!! very rare

Yeah, I have one!!!White, 2 EMGs, 85 in bridge, 81 front!..

: : hard body electric with kaylor tremelo and with double and two single active emg pickups.It was a limited edition guitar i bought back in 86 for 1,000 dollars.Cant find any information on the websites about this guitar.This guitar is in mint condition.
: : Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

i have a red setneck aviator no pickups ill sell for 175$ whole guitar is in red flame maple

Hey whats up i have a guild aviator too. All i kno bout it besides its features is that it was custom made by aerosmiths guitar player "joe" and is rare me and u r pretty much the only ones w/ one.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.