Installing 57 classic humbuckers into a Epi/Gib DOT

Posted by Bob on Tue, 04/02/02 - 13:21:26.

I have a Gibson/Epiphone Dot and bought a Gibson 57
classic and 57 Classis plus humbucker pickups. The
pickups only have one connection which the instructions
say to attach to volume pot or pickup switch. Will this
make the pickups nonfunctional with the tone control on
my DOT or is it wired for it already? I'd appreciate any
help.
Thanks ahead of time.
Bob in Dertoit

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Installing 57 classic humbuckers into a Epi/Gib DOT

If you strip the wire back, the core gets attached in one place, and the metal shielding on the outside gets soldered to another. I don't have my guitar in front of me to tell you exact locations, but this is how it is wired. To clarify, just strip enough of the shielding to connect the core to the right place. For the shielding connection, push the whole wire against the pot, and solder it. Sounds strange, but that it. If you email me, I can give you more explicit instructions. I just installed one of these about a month ago.

was up man. hey i just installed 57 classic humbuckers into my gibson les paul special and one pickup works. when you flip the switch to rhythm and the one in the middle it works fine . but when you put it of treble you cant hear shit. i soldered everything correctly i grounded the wire to each pot and connected the core to one place. help man please send me some good intructions on how to do this. please

is there a way i can see by picture or anything on how to do the insatlling

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.