Re: GIBSON NOUVEAU Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Brice on Mon, 01/29/07 - 18:07:01.

Apparently, these were briefly imported by Gibson in the late 80's and final assembly was preformed at Gibson USA. Some trouble ensued with Gibson wanting to market these as made in the US and the line was dropped. I just bought one last week. It's an NV6R-S serial number 0001. Anyone else have any info? : : WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN ANY OTHER GIBSON LIKE MINE ANYWHERE? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MY GIBSON NOUVEAU? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT.CAN YOU HELP?

: : I have one too! I bought it in 1988 in Berkeley, CA. The sales person said it was the only Ephiphone factory guitar that Gibson put it's name on . It sounds and plays great . He mentioned that the bridging is "scalloped" like that in a Martin.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: Apparently, these were briefly imported by Gibson in the late 80's and final assembly was preformed at Gibson USA. Some trouble ensued with Gibson wanting to market these as made in the US and the line was dropped. I just bought one last week. It's an NV6R-S serial number 0001. Anyone else have any info? : : WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN ANY OTHER GIBSON LIKE MINE ANYWHERE? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MY GIBSON NOUVEAU? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT.CAN YOU HELP?

: : : I have one too! I bought it in 1988 in Berkeley, CA. The sales person said it was the only Ephiphone factory guitar that Gibson put it's name on . It sounds and plays great . He mentioned that the bridging is "scalloped" like that in a Martin.

Hey there. I have one of these too. I bought it from 30th Street Guitars here in New York about 7 years ago. As a beginner, it sounded great to my ear, but i figured for $275 i probably just had an inexperienced ear. Now, having played many many many guitars since, i have to say that it still sounds pretty great. The spruce top is particularly high-grade. The only thing i can find about it online is from Gruhn's guitar guide. Here's the link: http://books.google.com/books?id=A2qU15xkryQC&pg=PA308&lpg=PA308&dq=%22nv6r+s%22&source=web&ots=oI2xXywXGH&sig=FXpvWGastEvVV2vsxyxZi90sC2M
Please let me know if you've found out anything else in your search for information. I'd love to know more. Thanks!

i bought one from the wife of a good friend of mine. it is an NV-6R, but has no serial number stamped on the label. i still can't find info on this guitar. please send all info to me: mvping@netzero.com , and maybe we can assemble some sort of history on these excellent collectables.

I have one of these also and also from NYC. Have any of you had yours appraised? I'm being offered a trade for a $300 banjo and want to know if this is fair. Thanks.

I have one that I got when my dear friend passed four years ago and left it to me. I would consider selling it at the right price as I do not play. Their were only 139 gibson nouveau made and I must say they sound great

: Am all the way in Africa(Kenya).I acctually have one.Think it came to africa with some missionary.Would really like to acquire another one coz the one i have has been beat down by age .This guitars really sound great.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.