vox astro iv bass

Posted by james on Fri, 11/07/03 - 22:08:39.
In Reply to Guitar Geek

There seem to be a lot of posts on here about vox gear, anyone have an astro iv schematic?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: vox astro iv bass

I got a Vox Astro IV hanging on my wall. It's a niece Sunburst and originates from the 60ties. I got some 10 years back from a friend of my dad, who had it in his basement. The finish is highly cracked, but it's still 100% original. It only misses the chrome bridge cover.

I haven't foun any schematics so far, but itt seams very straightforward, vol-pu switch-treble.

any idea where I might be able to find the year of manufacture? It has a serial on the neck plat.

: I got a Vox Astro IV hanging on my wall. It's a niece Sunburst and originates from the 60ties. I got some 10 years back from a friend of my dad, who had it in his basement. The finish is highly cracked, but it's still 100% original. It only misses the chrome bridge cover.

: I haven't foun any schematics so far, but itt seams very straightforward, vol-pu switch-treble.

: any idea where I might be able to find the year of manufacture? It has a serial on the neck plat.

I just picek up the Astro. They were all made aroound 1967/68 in Italy. May be a brazilian rosewood neck...the catalog calls it a "polished" neck... and hand bound.Adjustable master bridge channel, 2 "expanded range PU's, called an "electric acoustic..technically called a astro IV V251, great lush deep tone, lots of difference in the PU's neck PU full mid is mid, and bridge is the weakest, really noticeable, any ideas what you'd set it up with, round wounds or flat????? I'll keep eye out for scematics, have most of them for fender. thanks, cindy in NJ

: : I haven't foun any schematics so far, but itt seams very straightforward, vol-pu switch-treble.

: : any idea where I might be able to find the year of manufacture? It has a serial on the neck plat.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.