Re: conn guitar SN 71073881

Posted by Alan on Fri, 10/18/02 - 11:24:40.

: Anyone know about Conn guitars esp SN 71073881

I picked up a Conn 12-string acoustic a couple of years ago, and it is very well made, has excellent tone and is a fine instrument - I have been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer (I only knew the Conn name as a brass instrument maker) - My guitar has a sticker inside the soundhole printed 'C.B.Conn Ltd., Est. 1875, Oakbrook Illinois, Made in Japan' - also, hand-printed in ink is the serial number '81780329' and the model 'F2112' - It appears to be a spruce top, with mahogany sides and back, and an ebony fretboard with 8 rectangular 'mother-of-pearl' (probably plastic) insets - I would also like to know more about the company, and the year this unit was made, if anyone has the info -

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Conn F-2112

Great info on the Conn guitars at guitarmedic.com. I bought a 1978 "C Series" F-2112, with revised headstock shape and logo revised to a stylized "C" with floral surrounding. Conn discontinued guitars after 1978, so the C Series guitars are "one and done" and scarce. Click the brochures shown on the guitarmedic site and you'll see specs, etc. from sample years like 1974, 1976, etc. My guitar seems to confirm the Matsumoku Japan connection, as its neck is made of three laminated longitudinal pieces of (in my case) nato, with the center piece grain turned 90 degrees from the outboard sticks. That was a patented Matsu neck design, also seen on many Aria acoustics of the 1970's, and the design is tremendously resistant to twist or warpage. My guitar, which is equipped with a fixed saddle (vs. the adjustable assembly shown in brochures) really sings! NOTE ENTERED 12/8/15

Conn #F2112

I was given a Conn F2112 12 string by a friend. The bridge was separating from the body so I took a chance on it and had it professionally re done. Boy was that ever a good move. It sounds absolutely fabulous! The rich tones are beyond belief and it sounds better than most expensive guitars do new at the local music store. Not to mention I now have a wonderful 1970`s vintage guitar that keeps perfect tune.

CONN F-2112

Just picked up a F-2112 at a Flea Market for $150.00.
This guitar is awsome. In perfect condition. Not a scratch on it but probably needs new strings as I think it hasn't been played in 30 years.
Tuned it up and could not believe the sound quality.
A friend who plays way more than me handed me his Martin and wouldn't give back the CONN.
Hesitated on the purchase cuz I had never heard of CONN but no regrets.
Great Guitar!

RR

Re: conn guitar SN 81780350

: :Hey there,
I was just given this same 12 string guitar and stumbled into this web site looking for the same info. Man! What a small world! All I know about this guitar is the $500.00 price tag I found inside the hole of the guitar. I wish I knew how old it is though. when I first saw it I thought of how plain it looked. But hey it was a gift! Boy was I in for a surprise! My God the most beautiful warm ,deep and powerful sounds that came out of this instrument filled my heart and soul. It truly is an inspiration to me. I cannot wait to share this gift to my congregation this Sunday 7/11/2010@Galveston Vineyard Church.

Sounds like we have matching units....the guitar you described is exactly like mine, but my Model Number is F2712....it's marked by hand with an engraving pencil, and the "F" was hard to make out, but the 2712 is legible. Mine bears serial number 27760749, purchased new for $350.00 in December 1977 at a music store in Winston-Salem, NC. It's been a fantastic guitar. I went out on a limb last fall and installed a Martin Thinline 332 acoustic pickup in the bridge.....I had some reservations about installing a pickup in an adjustable metal bridge, but it works very well. Unplugged, this guitar has always sounded great. But man, you should hear it at a hundred watts! Awesome.

: : Anyone know about Conn guitars esp SN 71073881

: I picked up a Conn 12-string acoustic a couple of years ago, and it is very well made, has excellent tone and is a fine instrument - I have been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer (I only knew the Conn name as a brass instrument maker) - My guitar has a sticker inside the soundhole printed 'C.B.Conn Ltd., Est. 1875, Oakbrook Illinois, Made in Japan' - also, hand-printed in ink is the serial number '81780329' and the model 'F2112' - It appears to be a spruce top, with mahogany sides and back, and an ebony fretboard with 8 rectangular 'mother-of-pearl' (probably plastic) insets - I would also like to know more about the company, and the year this unit was made, if anyone has the info -

: Sounds like we have matching units....the guitar you described is exactly like mine, but my Model Number is F2712....it's marked by hand with an engraving pencil, and the "F" was hard to make out, but the 2712 is legible. Mine bears serial number 27760749, purchased new for $350.00 in December 1977 at a music store in Winston-Salem, NC. It's been a fantastic guitar. I went out on a limb last fall and installed a Martin Thinline 332 acoustic pickup in the bridge.....I had some reservations about installing a pickup in an adjustable metal bridge, but it works very well. Unplugged, this guitar has always sounded great. But man, you should hear it at a hundred watts! Awesome.

:
: : : Anyone know about Conn guitars esp SN 71073881

: : I picked up a Conn 12-string acoustic a couple of years ago, and it is very well made, has excellent tone and is a fine instrument - I have been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer (I only knew the Conn name as a brass instrument maker) - My guitar has a sticker inside the soundhole printed 'C.B.Conn Ltd., Est. 1875, Oakbrook Illinois, Made in Japan' - also, hand-printed in ink is the serial number '81780329' and the model 'F2112' - It appears to be a spruce top, with mahogany sides and back, and an ebony fretboard with 8 rectangular 'mother-of-pearl' (probably plastic) insets - I would also like to know more about the company, and the year this unit was made, if anyone has the info -

I believe your guitar was made JUly of 1971, I have a Conn f-25 model #73081954 which was August of 1973 bought in summer of 74 or 75. I still love mine too.I saw one name one time that these may be Aria guitars for Conn ? I wish they were the Mossman survivors for Conn.

sounds like were all looking for info. someone just gave me a 12 string acoustic guitar, its marked C.B.CONN LTD serial number is 75780407 model # f1512 . mine didnt have a saddle or strings so ive wittled a bone saddle for it and have yet to string it. from what ive read here im eager to hear it , however ive got no clue in how to string it. any info on what its worth would be appreciated.

: Sounds like we have matching units....the guitar you described is exactly like mine, but my Model Number is F2712....it's marked by hand with an engraving pencil, and the "F" was hard to make out, but the 2712 is legible.  Mine bears serial number 27760749, purchased new for $350.00 in December 1977 at a music store in Winston-Salem, NC.  It's been a fantastic guitar.  I went out on a limb last fall and installed a Martin Thinline 332 acoustic pickup in the bridge.....I had some reservations about installing a pickup in an adjustable metal bridge, but it works very well.  Unplugged, this guitar has always sounded great.  But man, you should hear it at a hundred watts!  Awesome.: : : : Anyone know about Conn guitars esp SN 71073881 : : I picked up a Conn 12-string acoustic a couple of years ago, and it is very well made, has excellent tone and is a fine instrument - I have been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer (I only knew the Conn name as a brass instrument maker) - My guitar has a sticker inside the soundhole printed 'C.B.Conn Ltd., Est. 1875, Oakbrook Illinois, Made in Japan' - also, hand-printed in ink is the serial number '81780329' and the model 'F2112' - It appears to be a spruce top, with mahogany sides and back, and an ebony fretboard with 8 rectangular 'mother-of-pearl' (probably plastic) insets - I would also like to know more about the company, and the year this unit was made, if anyone has the info -

Re: conn guitar SN 76780283

I too have purchased a conn guitar Model F1512, and have been trying to find out any information possible on same. I would like to know if anyone has any idea of the current value of it. Please let me know if you have any information or any other info

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.