Re: Stolen: 1968 Gibson SG Standard and 1971 Gibson Les Paul Sta

Advertisement
Posted by Nik on Sun, 06/01/08 - 20:31:06.

Have you found them yet? I feel so bad for you and wish there was something I could do to help.

: The two instruments below were stolen on March 26 from the northern NJ area. I apologize for not having serial numbers for these instruments, but hopefully I have provided enough information to clearly identify them.

: • 1968 Gibson SG Standard with Maestro vibrato. Large bat pickguard with witch-hat knobs. Dark cherry finish with heavy checking on body and back of neck. Lots of belt-buckle rash on the backside body. Also, the pearl inlaid Gibson logo has suffered excessive wear or damage. Looks to have a refret, as fret tails hang over the binding of the neck. ***At the headstock, the nut slots are extremely deep with some excessive wear or damage to the high E-string slot. ***The treble pickup cover may not be soldered, as it was once removed and not soldered back correctly. *** The bridge posts are bent slightly towards the neck heel probably from string tension or age.
:
:
: • 1971 Gibson Les Paul Standard in tobacco sunburst finish. Original pickups replaced with Seymour Duncan Antiquity humbuckers with aged nickel covers. ***Plastic input jack replaced with chrome version. Original tuners replaced with newer Gibson Kluson tuners. There are drill holes remaining on the back of the headstock from previous Grover tuners as well. Some belt buckle rash on backside of guitar, otherwise the finish is good. The frets have been replaced. ***The back of the neck near the headstock has been oversprayed with a dark color from a headstock repair. A very slight ridge can be felt at the point of the headstock repair. ***Plastic nut has been replaced with bone or ivory version. ***The ABR-1 bridge has dark (zinc) saddles.
:
:
: *** Most distinguishing characteristics.

: Thank you very much,

:
: Joe Bilotti
: The Soft Parade

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.