Re: Sigma Martin Electric Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by David on Tue, 10/15/02 - 18:36:33.

: I am trying to find some information on an electric guitar (solid body) that Martin made in the mid to late 70's (I believe). I can't seem to find any info on the web and don't currently have the guitar available to get a model number. I would like to find out its worth and maybe a little history on why C.F. Martin ever even made an electric. Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks,

: Bill

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a blonde Gibson SG copy Sigma purchased in 1975. The finish is still excellent. The only changes made to the guitar are pick-ups and the tuners. It plays great and has a warm sound. It weighs more than the SG though.
Fitz

Here's the history

Here's the history

This popular thread has been given its own page : Here's the history

Hi. I have an Sigma Stratocaster-copy that I bought in Sweden(where I live) in 1976. It has a maple-neck an was white before I striped the paint. The paint was real bad,I peeled it of like a hard-boiled egg. Now its beautiful natural ash-finish.

Claggen in Sweden

: : I am trying to find some information on an electric guitar (solid body) that Martin made in the mid to late 70's (I believe). I can't seem to find any info on the web and don't currently have the guitar available to get a model number. I would like to find out its worth and maybe a little history on why C.F. Martin ever even made an electric. Any help would be appreciated.

: : Thanks,

: : Bill
was the guitar a light maple with dark maple strips in the body?

: : I am trying to find some information on an electric guitar (solid body) that Martin made in the mid to late 70's (I believe). I can't seem to find any info on the web and don't currently have the guitar available to get a model number. I would like to find out its worth and maybe a little history on why C.F. Martin ever even made an electric. Any help would be appreciated.

: : Thanks,

: : Bill

I have one of those - double cutaway Sigma guitars and am trying to find out info myself. I contacted Martin and they told me they don't keep records back that far. Dumb!

Does it look like a SG with 2 humbuckers

: Does it look like a SG with 2 humbuckers

Yes, exactly.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.