Trump Guitars

Advertisement
Posted by Clayton on Tue, 11/01/05 - 18:37:58.
In Reply to 6String Central

Awile back i got a nice playing acoustic guitar from my grandma. At one point she wanted learn but eventually gave up. Well I know a bit about instruments but ive never heard of a Trump. I cant find anything on the web about them. If you know anything or were i should look plz let me know.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

trump electric guitar

i was given a trump electric les paul copy by a friend who wants me to start playing again and i want to know the true value of this instrument(not a pawn shops opinion) she is in near perfect condition , the headstock 'nut' is brass so i think it was replaced at some point .. or?? my friend said the brass nut gave it a 'neat . unique' sound..?? im told there became a component/electrical issue with her..it is a Les Paul copy, orange to red sunburst finish,original pickgaurd,tuning pegs are 'made in germany',no model number visable...the back has two black access panels ..one behind toggle switch and one behind volume/tone knobs..
it has fair to good string 'action' on frets.even in close to the body or higher on the scale..as close or closer to the frets of any quality axe ive handled... very solid .quality feel to the neck and body...it jus feels to be quality crafted..the fretboard is 'edged' with the same white material as the body edging,(between TOP and SIDES and BOTTOM veneers)its as heavy as any Gibson ive ever picked ..exellent sustain and marvelous harmonics too ..and i havent had them tuned yet.. and the Trump logo is with playing cards ...
please enlighten me with as much info as you can on this instrument .. my email is jeffreyengle9@yahoo.com.. hit me there if you can becausei want her repaired soon and the nut thing has me baffled.. (brass?) i wanna HEAR this girl sing in her own voice ..but i wanna know all i can before a single screw is touched ... thank you very much ..
sincerely jeffrey

My dad bought me an electric

My dad bought me an electric Trump guitar about 16 years ago. I have no clue what model it is but don't real care its been abused and stuff over the years I even hit my older brother with it when I was little so yeah.

Re: Trump Guitars

I bought my first guitar, a Trump hollow body electric at a swap meet in Torrance California in 1970.I paid $30.00 for it. It was not a bad guitar at all.

my name is carl handley and i have a trump guitar it is a wg59 and i would like to know if you have any information on them please e-mail back

Trump Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Trump Guitars

HELLO i AM ASKING TEH SAME QUESTION i FOUND A TRUMP GUITAR FROM A OLD FURNITURE STORE AND i CANT FIND INFO ON IT ALSO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT i HAVE AITSA NICE ELECTRIC GUITAR AND SOUNDS GREAT VERY LIGHT AND BUILT CHEAP BUT PLAY GREAT..PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY INFO / THANKS SASSYLEE musicmeprod@yahoo.com

I purchased my Trump 12 string acoustic back in 1973 at the base PX. It was the sweetest and easiest playing guitar I'd ever had till it as stolen several years later. I've never been able to find another.

trump ts 35 12 string.

I have a Trump ts 35 12 string acoustic. My wife picked it up at a garage sale years ago. I don't know anything about it. It has several adjustable features that are not commonly found on cheap guitars. I assume its quite old and in very good condition. I'm thinking about putting new strings on it to see how it sounds. Is there any info on this model?

As i was taking out the trash one night, i opened up the dumpster and there she was......a trump model TS27. Looks like a gibson Dove (same pickguard)replica with a sunburst cherry finish. All i know is the woman upstairs passed on (87yrs)an the son tossed it out. He told me she had it for at least 40yrs. It's alittle faded but plays as well as my yamaha fg460sa and ovation balladeer. Mahogany back and sides not sure of the top.

TS27

I have one also, got it in a garage sale for 10$. cant find a thing on them, Ive had it for 20 years now, hardley out of the case, has a couple of birds on it
do you know what there worth, or whear to find info. on them

Sorry, gibson hummingbird not dove.

: Awile back i got a nice playing acoustic guitar from my grandma. At one point she wanted learn but eventually gave up. Well I know a bit about instruments but ive never heard of a Trump. I cant find anything on the web about them. If you know anything or were i should look plz let me know.

My friend has a trump guitar that he kept in the back of his trunk unprotected for years. He not being a guitar player assumed it was junk. When I played the guitar he hadn't touch in several months, it was still in tune. It sounds great and isn't made of cheap wood. The model was Ts 101 not hand writen. The tuning knobs were made in Japan but I don't where the guitar is from or what it's worth.

Trump guitar

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have the exact guitar. It's a Trump classical acoustic TS-101. I had a friend of mine who makes guitars professionally look at it and he said that they are a very rare guitar because Trump was actually a mandolin company and only made guitars for about 3 years. Any of these guitars are at least 90 years old and are solid cocobolo wood from either Mexico or Hawaii. I had mine appraised in a (used, in good condition) state with a few chips in the paint and a re-glued neck piece, and it still retailed at $800. Hold on to it if you have it!

Appraisal

I have a Trump TS-21 and it was made July 29, 1979. That makes my guitar a little less than 34 years old. How would I go about getting my Trump appraised as no one around here has even heard of this brand. I like the sound of it, but it is need of, from what I can tell, minor repair. I'd really appreciate some input. Thanks.

I just bought a 6-string Trump model handwritten inside TS 10/w. Do not know anything about it either.

: Awile back i got a nice playing acoustic guitar from my grandma. At one point she wanted learn but eventually gave up. Well I know a bit about instruments but ive never heard of a Trump. I cant find anything on the web about them. If you know anything or were i should look plz let me know.

Trump Guitars

Trump FG-41

Trump FG-41

This popular thread has been given its own page : Trump FG-41

Trump Guitars

I was given a trump guitar from my girlfriends mother, she said it belonged to her grandfather. It looks old and the serial number is handwritten. but the aged wood sounds great. it could use some work but I'm afraid to because i don't know anything about these trump guitars, or how much they're worth if anyone finds anything let me know!

around 1971 ibought a trump electric at the px in san antonio tx. ft sam houston .it was a sort of telecaster replica w cream colored body, used it for quite a few years,but its long gone now.i think the military px,s are the common thread here for finding more info.thats all i know .

: My boyfriend also has a Trump guitar, model is handwritten TS-21 it was his mothers..I would also like info on the maker, years in production and value. Please let me know.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.