KDG 88! (real or illusion?) anyone help...

Posted by jared on Tue, 02/24/09 - 00:27:57.

i acquired a Kay Acoustic Mod # KDG 88. Made in Japan. Normally i wouldn't care but the sound is so amazing and the internet has provided me no information, only evidence that other people have asked the same questions about the same guitar. any info is appreciated

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Kay Acoustic Guitar Mod # KDG 88

I would like to know more about it and what its worth

Re: KDG 88! (real or illusion?) anyone help...

I have one. My dad bought it brand new back in the middle 70's. It's been a great guitar.

: i acquired a Kay Acoustic Mod # KDG 88. Made in Japan. Normally i wouldn't care but the sound is so amazing and the internet has provided me no information, only evidence that other people have asked the same questions about the same guitar. any info is appreciated

kdg88

dont know if this helps any one , i ran a recording studio in 1978 one of my clients hard up for cash said he would like to swap his guitar (kay kdg88 ) in exchange for recoding time so that's how i got mine .in the years that followed many bands that came to record on nearly all the time having heard how well the kay sounded left both their Yamaha's or martins in the case . im very fortunate that to this day besides recording i have also used it to teach quite a few play they have all treated it with respect and mine has only minor wear , would i part with it ( not a chance )

: i acquired a Kay Acoustic Mod # KDG 88. Made in Japan. Normally i wouldn't care but the sound is so amazing and the internet has provided me no information, only evidence that other people have asked the same questions about the same guitar. any info is appreciated

I acquired the same model recently and also know nothing about it but i am showing it to a guitar buildr soon and will let you know what he says

kdg88

My uncle bought new and passed to my dad who passed to my brother who passed to me. Easy player , great tone. I searched for a better guitar and the only thing that beat it was a Taylor 416 I have. Never will sell the Kay.

[URL=http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/brianbbs67/media/guitar%20stuff/c3afd80bb66699ba8870f778aa7b522e_zps021ad659.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h356/brianbbs67/guitar%20stuff/c3afd80bb66699ba8870f778aa7b522e_zps021ad659.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/brianbbs67/media/guitar%20stuff/ab38cf5aaf54b943cb1423361438666b_zpsd5f840c5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h356/brianbbs67/guitar%20stuff/ab38cf5aaf54b943cb1423361438666b_zpsd5f840c5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

about a kdg88 Kay guitar

This may help. the kay guitar we're talking about is maid from the matsumoka factory in japan and also the dark parts of the guitar is Brazilian Rosewood and that is back and sides the front of the body is stika spruce and the fret board has mother pearl and I think the v either maid of walnut or maple im not for sure about the walnuts or maple ... oh yeah a little advice what I did ..well im 16years old someone' else did this hand maid Thay took the old plastic nut out and put bone nut in on the bridge and neck

kdg88 Kay guitar

I been told that it has mother of puruel and has in its presence Brazilian Rosewood which is really really rear because of the lumbar people are not supposed to cut it doun because its almost extinct and my guitar teacher ses its inlays are beter then his Martin also it sounds so great because of how old and itswood which is the Brazilian Rosewood how its maid to copy Martin best guitar which is a Martin d-45 which that Martin Faveret guitar

kdg88

this might help, back some time before 1977 i had started a four track recording studio being the only one in our area of bristol (england) i got to know a lot of fellow local musicians one of which hard up for cash suggested we swap time for an acoustic he was no longer using since he had gone electric ,i only wish now i had asked him how long he had ,had it for . Having got it i thought it might be good for any band recording a track to add an acoustic to. over the coming years i was surprised the number of bands that turned up with quite fancy Yamaha's and martins , to be told I've only a kay , but you can try it if you like . Then being able to sit back and watch as having heard how well the kay recorded and not to mention it played so well , it was great to watch as their guitars went back in the case in favour of the kay for the recording. i was lucky to get a guitar that had with only home use and all the bands that recorded with it, treated it with respect, hence now in 2013 i still have a practically unmarked

Kay model KDG 88 Guitar

I've had my KDG 88 since 1990, and i wouldn't trade it for a martin d 35. this guitar is my baby, and no other guitar can duplicate the sound. Simply amazing

Kay Acoustic Guitar Mod # KDG 88

And what year would it be mod #KDG 88,what its worth

: : i acquired a Kay Acoustic Mod # KDG 88. Made in Japan. Normally i wouldn't care but the sound is so amazing and the internet has provided me no information, only evidence that other people have asked the same questions about the same guitar. any info is appreciated

: I acquired the same model recently and also know nothing about it but i am showing it to a guitar buildr soon and will let you know what he says

:I've had this same guitar since the early 70's purchased new with hard case, etc. and it's beautiful. The inlay detail on its back is as impressive as it's tone. I've kept it like new. I believe the sound has improved with age. I'm still trying to teach myself to play it. I've been told that it's worth over $500 in it's present condition. They tell me it's rare.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.