Re: Yamaha SJ 180

Advertisement
Posted by Matt Baharlias on Sat, 04/05/03 - 22:16:21.
In Reply to Yamaha : Re: Yamaha SJ 180

I've had my SJ-180 since it was bought new September 1983. Like other posts, it was my first guitar too, and for a relatively cheap guitar ($129 w/case) it has developed remarkable tone over the years!! From what I remember, the music store salesman recommended it for me because it was manufactured as a "student sized" model...easy to hold and easier to get around on than a full sized dreadnaught. Anyone who owns one knows well that it is smaller than a dread but still delivers a very round warm, slightly bright tone. This is just one of those perfectly conceived & manufactured instruments that come around once in a lifetime. I also own a Larrivee', a Taylor, & an old Alvarez, all worth over a grand each...but my my SJ-180 is the one I go for most often. It just feels perfect. I have over the years bought used ones for under $100 and given them as gifts to relatives who expressed interest in learning guitar. What else can I say, but kudos to Yamaha for this wonderfully unique instrument.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Yamaha SJ 180

Yamaha SJ 180

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Yamaha SJ 180

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.