Epiphone logo removal from pick guard

Posted by Andrew Smith on Tue, 06/20/00 - 17:54:41.

Gene,
I am considering purchasing a "starter" Acoustic guitar from Epiphone, and I do not like the look of the white Epiphone loge "E" on the pick guard. I was wondering, if I bought a new Epiphone acoustic guitar if you could safely remove the "E" without damaging the pick guard.If you can, how would you do it? I am in Lisle Illinois. Where are you located?
Sincerely,
Andrew Smith

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Epiphone logo removal from pick guard

I own and love an Epiphone Sheraton II. I too, did not like the "e" logo. I removed it, with-out scratching the pick guard with white tooth polish, water and a soft rag. Apply the tooth polish, add just a drop of water and rub hard. I used a pencil eraser to get the biggest part off and then used the above concoction to smooth and polish the rest off. It takes time and patience but the results are worth every minute.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.