How do I get that Entombed guitar sound?

Posted by Mongo on Mon, 03/24/03 - 12:25:01.
In Reply to Gary's Guitar Tones

How do I go About getting that Entombed guitar sound out of my amp and Boss Metal Zone Pedal?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How do I get that Entombed guitar sound?

: How do I go About getting that Entombed guitar sound out of my amp and Boss Metal Zone Pedal? The only thing I know (i don't know if it's helpfull) is that Entombed usually record their guitar sounds with small 50 watt combo's. That way you will create that dirty distortion sound (with the gain cranked up to 10, and the treble and mid both to 7,0).

I've been looking for an answer to this riddle for years.

I've just read an interview with Entombed in which they say the recipe is: a Boss Heavy Metal HM-2 Pedal (all knobs at 10) through a small Peavey 40W amp.

I've also read another interview with Bloodbath's guitarist (they have a similar guitar sound). He says: one guitar through a Boss HM-2 on one track and a regular distorted guitar sound layered on another track.

The irony of all this is this was the first distortion pedal I ever bought, around 1987, but I sold it in the early 90's. I've just bought a used one on eBay.

The answer is indeed Boss HM2.
They put it in a JCM800 50 watt head, the pedal settings is apparently "cranked all the way up"

There´s this new band from Finland, Chaosbreed which plays old-skool style death metal in the style of Entombed. In their interview they we´re asked about their guitar sound, they just said that you must have HM-2. Nothing else...

Quess I got to have one of those.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.