Re: Gibson EB-450

Posted by Maria on Mon, 07/28/03 - 04:43:04.

Hello!

I´m actually thinking of buying one, but I don´t have it yet. * smile *

As far as I know these were manufactured during a short period of time in the early 1970-s, (70-72 or if it was 71-72.) They´re not too common since they were manufactured in fairly small numbers during only a couple of years.

The SB450 is a cheaper version of the EB3 model, sharing some of the hardware with the MelodyMakers. There was also a shortscale version of the instrument called SB350. These two replaced the earlier SB400 and SB300...

=) Maria

: Does anyone know anything about the EB-450 bass by gibson, I have one from the early 70's but have never come across anyone else who owns one.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

gibson EB450

to the person with the gouged out back, I played mine and dug a nice gouge with my belt buckle. I sold mine in Reno nv. I would sure like to find that bass again. Gigged over a hundred times with it. The only problem is its neck heavy, had a custom strap made.

: Hello!

: I´m actually thinking of buying one, but I don´t have it yet. * smile *

: As far as I know these were manufactured during a short period of time in the early 1970-s, (70-72 or if it was 71-72.) They´re not too common since they were manufactured in fairly small numbers during only a couple of years.

: The SB450 is a cheaper version of the EB3 model, sharing some of the hardware with the MelodyMakers. There was also a shortscale version of the instrument called SB350. These two replaced the earlier SB400 and SB300...

: =) Maria

:
: : Does anyone know anything about the EB-450 bass by gibson, I have one from the early 70's but have never come across anyone else who owns one.

: I have one too and I love it; someone gouged a crater in the back- looks like they were trying to remove grafitti- but it plays and sounds like a dream from the 70's which it is. Enjoy!

: Hello!

: I´m actually thinking of buying one, but I don´t have it yet. * smile *

: As far as I know these were manufactured during a short period of time in the early 1970-s, (70-72 or if it was 71-72.) They´re not too common since they were manufactured in fairly small numbers during only a couple of years.

: The SB450 is a cheaper version of the EB3 model, sharing some of the hardware with the MelodyMakers. There was also a shortscale version of the instrument called SB350. These two replaced the earlier SB400 and SB300...

: =) Maria

:
: : Does anyone know anything about the EB-450 bass by gibson, I have one from the early 70's but have never come across anyone else who owns one.

i own an SB-450. it was a gift from my aunt after my uncle died. it's my baby. i love that bass man, and i myself have never seen anyone else playing one, or even seen another one. funny.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.