Gibson ES Artist from 1980

Posted by Paul Toepoel on Wed, 02/16/05 - 22:25:10.

Hi, I own a Gibson ES Artist from 1980, shaped like the ES335 but without the f-holes like the Lucille type, 3 nobs with active electonics from Moog in it, compressor,series switch, treble boost and active controles for the treble and bass. Can anyone tell me what they are worth nowadays and where I can let them be repaired for the electronic parts if necessairy. Thanks a lot!! Paul from Holland.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gibson ES Artist from 1980

: Hi, I own a Gibson ES Artist from 1980, shaped like the ES335 but without the f-holes like the Lucille type, 3 nobs with active electonics from Moog in it, compressor,series switch, treble boost and active controles for the treble and bass. Can anyone tell me what they are worth nowadays and where I can let them be repaired for the electronic parts if necessairy. Thanks a lot!! Paul from Holland.

: : Hi, I own a Gibson ES Artist from 1980, shaped like the ES335 but without the f-holes like the Lucille type, 3 nobs with active electonics from Moog in it, compressor,series switch, treble boost and active controles for the treble and bass. Can anyone tell me what they are worth nowadays and where I can let them be repaired for the electronic parts if necessairy. Thanks a lot!! Paul from Holland.

I own one, love it. tried to get active electronics fixed/replaced years ago, went to a 'famous' builder - who was actually very good, he kept the guitar for about 2 months looking for the electronic's - but alas gave up and i do believe there are no replacements, although now with the internet who knows. If you look on the net, you will see that these baby's go for $2k to $4k depending. Good luck!

: Hi, I own a Gibson ES Artist from 1980, shaped like the ES335 but without the f-holes like the Lucille type, 3 nobs with active electonics from Moog in it, compressor,series switch, treble boost and active controles for the treble and bass. Can anyone tell me what they are worth nowadays and where I can have them repaired for the electronic parts, if necessary? Thanks a lot!! Paul from Holland.

Hello, can you please deleate the ad, seen the fact that there is no response to it...
Thank you,
Paul Toepoel

: Hello, can you please delete the ad, seeing the fact that there is no response to it...
: Thank you,
: Paul Toepoel

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.