Re: Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Posted by Jimmy on Mon, 09/27/04 - 15:05:59.

I don't thin he means a "the Paul" cause there is one called "Les Paul Firebrand" as well. It says "LP Firebrand" on the truss cover. And on "the Paul" it says "Firebrand The Paul". The diffierence between the two are as follow:
LP: Walnut! No pickguard
The Paul: Mahogany! (with a pick guard sometimes)

: : : : I have a Gibson Les Paul Firebrand that I bought (I think) in 1979. It has a Walnut body and an African Black Ebony fingerboard.
: : : : I also have a Gibson case for it and both are in very good condition. I don't play anymore and was thinking about selling it.
: : : : I am just wondering what it is worth.

: : WHAT THE HELL IS A GIBSoN FIReBRANd
: : YOu mean Gibson Firebird? DON"T YOU??????????????

:
: He means a Gibson "The Paul" Firebrand, I think. I have one. It's a solid body instead of a semi-hollow body like a Les Paul. More like an SG. Usually finished in natural woodgrain. The neck is noticeably thinner, but not narrower. Frets are medium height and a little wide. Easy for fat fingers actually.

: --Tim

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

: I don't thin he means a "the Paul" cause there is one called "Les Paul Firebrand" as well. It says "LP Firebrand" on the truss cover. And on "the Paul" it says "Firebrand The Paul". The diffierence between the two are as follow:
: LP: Walnut! No pickguard
: The Paul: Mahogany! (with a pick guard sometimes)

:
: : : : : I have a Gibson Les Paul Firebrand that I bought (I think) in 1979. It has a Walnut body and an African Black Ebony fingerboard.
: : : : : I also have a Gibson case for it and both are in very good condition. I don't play anymore and was thinking about selling it.
: : : : : I am just wondering what it is worth.

: : : WHAT THE HELL IS A GIBSoN FIReBRANd
: : : YOu mean Gibson Firebird? DON"T YOU??????????????

: :
: : He means a Gibson "The Paul" Firebrand, I think. I have one. It's a solid body instead of a semi-hollow body like a Les Paul. More like an SG. Usually finished in natural woodgrain. The neck is noticeably thinner, but not narrower. Frets are medium height and a little wide. Easy for fat fingers actually.

: : --Tim

tell ya what, these guitars are one of the best there is for rock, doesn't have the fangs in the high end, but they are an all round awesome guitar and the fact is, the pickups are T top, they alone are worth more than most would ask for the whole axe

ps, no, he means firebrand, they are a pretty rare axe as far as i can tell

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.