Wide neck steel string guitars

Posted by Matt on Thu, 06/28/01 - 13:39:10.

Hi....I am looking to know if someone makes a wide neck acoustic guitar? I have pretty big fingers and mute out strings easy on a standard guitar. So maybe does a classical guitar come with steel strings? Please help so I can start playing better. Thanks Matt

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

wide neck streel string

Seagull guitar makes several wider neck model with 1.8 nut. the are awesome

Re: Wide neck steel string guitars

I have the same problem...but I found an electric solution: I took a 7 string guitar with a 2" neck at the nut and installed a 12 string nut. I then changed the bridge from 7 to 6 strings. took a little doing...for a first try it doesn't look bad and it plays well. Another option that I am considering for acoustic play is to change strings on a 12 string and just install 6 good Elixir strings. It would work fine and you've got six extra winders

: Hi....I am looking to know if someone makes a wide neck acoustic guitar? I have pretty big fingers and mute out strings easy on a standard guitar. So maybe does a classical guitar come with steel strings? Please help so I can start playing better. Thanks Matt

Takamine makes a wideneck steel string guitar. It is basically a beefed up classical guitar. The model is EAN30C and can be found at the Guitarwarehouse for arounf $700. Which was the lowest price I could find on the net. Goodluck.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.