Boss Flanger BF-2 & Equalizer GE-7

Posted by Vince on Thu, 05/23/02 - 13:51:18.

Well, due to a shipping accident, I am the current possessor of a Boss BF-2 Flanger and a Boss GE-7 Equalizer. I'm going to be shipping them back this weekend, but before I do, I'd like to give them each a spin and see how they can improve my sound.

Can anyone give me some good settings controls that already own the pedal? I'm not going to have too much time to mess around and find it. The Flanger has knobs for manual, depth, rate, and Res. Thanks for any help. :)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Boss Flanger BF-2 & Equalizer GE-7

BTW: Anything Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, or the Wall related would be awesome. I can play mostly everything from those albums, so any settings suggestions on either pedals would really help me get a good feeling for them. Thanks again! :)

If you don't have a GE-7, I'd consider keeping it. You can get some awesome tones from your muff or the Fuzz Face with it. It will bring the Fuzz alive for the DSOTM live stuff if you play with the treble side of it.

As for the Boss Flanger, can't help there :)

John

: BTW: Anything Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, or the Wall related would be awesome. I can play mostly everything from those albums, so any settings suggestions on either pedals would really help me get a good feeling for them. Thanks again! :)

Well, here is my chain: Dunlop Wah-Wah --> Ibanez Fuzz --> Dunlop Univibe --> Volume Pedal --> Peavy Amplifer. I play an early 70s model Stratocaster.

As you can see, the chain doesn't reflect Gilmour's too well yet, but it gets the job done for what I am into (DSOTM). Where should I put the GE-7 in my chain? Also, there isn't a manual, and I have no idea how to work the equalizers. What exactly do you mean by playing with the treble side? Thanks!! I'm excited to hear how this will effect it.

: If you don't have a GE-7, I'd consider keeping it. You can get some awesome tones from your muff or the Fuzz Face with it. It will bring the Fuzz alive for the DSOTM live stuff if you play with the treble side of it.

I'd place it in different places to see what effect it has on the chain.

Place it before the distortion/mods, then try after the distortions. You can even dedicate it to the Fuzz.
It will depend on the effects you are using on how to set it, to get the sound you like. Try at begining and end of the chain also.

The pattern is usually Bass - Mids - highs on the slider from left to right. There are pics available of Gilmours EQ effects that you can try.

John

: Well, here is my chain: Dunlop Wah-Wah --> Ibanez Fuzz --> Dunlop Univibe --> Volume Pedal --> Peavy Amplifer. I play an early 70s model Stratocaster.

: As you can see, the chain doesn't reflect Gilmour's too well yet, but it gets the job done for what I am into (DSOTM). Where should I put the GE-7 in my chain? Also, there isn't a manual, and I have no idea how to work the equalizers. What exactly do you mean by playing with the treble side? Thanks!! I'm excited to hear how this will effect it.

: : If you don't have a GE-7, I'd consider keeping it. You can get some awesome tones from your muff or the Fuzz Face with it. It will bring the Fuzz alive for the DSOTM live stuff if you play with the treble side of it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.