Re: Taylor 422R

Posted by Dave on Tue, 12/13/05 - 17:37:39.

: I have a "Taylor 422R LTD Ed. Grand Concert" acoustic that I need specs on. The Taylor guitar site doesnt offer any specs for guitars they don't make anymore. I need wieght and dimension specs. Also for the SKB case that Taylor sells for the 422R.
: Thanks
Guitar no longer in production, 1997 Limited edition, with satin finish, white binding on the body and fingerboard. This model was made in Taylor's San diego-area factory. It is satin-finished throughout, with solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back (not quartersawn or bookmatched) and sides. Standard 14-fret-clear-of -the-body Grand Concert (analogous to Martin's 000) size. No cutaway or onboard electronics. Bridge (rosewood) is pinless, which makes string-changing a relative breeze. Neck (relatively thin) is unbound solid mahogany, body and soundhole bound in standard b/w plastic. Pickguard is dark brownish plastic in Taylor's signature baroque shape. Peghead rosewood veneer with Taylor logo inlaid in pearl. Plain pearl dots on average-width rosewood fretboard. Standard sealed chrome-finish Grover non-locking tuners. The guitar currently is installed with K&K sound Ultra Pure Western Soundboard Transducer. Installation of pickup did not require any alteration to the wood of the instrument. Guitar in stock quality comes with black molded SKB hard case.
_________________Hope this helps Dave

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Taylor 422R

What is the scale length on the 422R?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.