Re: CY 120

Posted by Mark Liderbach on Wed, 04/30/03 - 21:48:30.

: Anybody know the tory on the CY 120? There is one for sale on ebay, and it is a 1977-78 model. Is this any good and what might be a fair price???

Hi,
I bought my 1977 yairi cy120 new in 1977 for $475. I still use it and love it. I hope that helps.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Alvarez Yairi CY-120 sounds better than the more expensive CY140 and it even looks better as far as I'm concerned. If you could get a vintage one from the 1970s for $700 that would be an awesome deal. The woods on the 70s version have mellowed down through the years. Grab one if one is available as they are hard to get unlike the more expensive new models of Alvarez-Yairis that go around $2000.

What is this? Ebay sellers advertising a used K. Yairi #CY 125 for $600 or CY 118 for $900? Used Japanese classical guitars in Japan in good condition can be bought for $200 - $300 US dollars (as of this year-2006).
I also cannot believe seeing an-email claiming that a K. Yairi classical guitar sounds better than a Ramirez 1A. I own a late 70's Ramirez 1A which has that wonderful bass/treble sound similar to Segovia's late recordings.
K Yairi classicals are nice, but are no match for concert level instruments. Put the Yairi up against a Ramirez 1A "AM" model and you'll see what I mean.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.