Kay K125 Solid body

Posted by Michael on Tue, 12/09/08 - 12:38:16.

Hi Everyone, Having nursed a Jones for a Stratotone everytime I played those belonging to friends, I recently acquired a good condition K125. I believe from the looks of the tortoise shell pu and control surrounds, that it is of the earliest, 1952 vintage. I think the guard material predates the flame striped guards on those and Thin Twins in later years. it has one of the same great Thin Twin pickups. I have found little on this great sounding neckthru guitar. Info anyone?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kay K125 Solid body

:I own what I think is a very early K125. It's marked "SS Stewart". It is a gold or copper color. It has a single"Jimmy Reed" pickup. The pickup cover and switch cover are cream colored. This thing is a rare and wonderful bird. What a fun guitar. I would love to know of other variations.I would love to also learn more about the obvious connection between this model and the developement of the Harmony Stratotone. Hi Everyone, Having nursed a Jones for a Stratotone everytime I played those belonging to friends, I recently acquired a good condition K125. I believe from the looks of the tortoise shell pu and control surrounds, that it is of the earliest, 1952 vintage. I think the guard material predates the flame striped guards on those and Thin Twins in later years. it has one of the same great Thin Twin pickups. I have found little on this great sounding neckthru guitar. Info anyone?

kay k-125

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Kay k-125, so if any of you are interested in selling let me know.

1952 Kay K125

I have a Kay-125 I will be selling with original case! It has to be one of the best original examples in the world. What kind of price do you have in mind?

still for sale?

Hi -
stumbled on this thread a little later-
do you still have a k125 for sale?

Re: Kay K125 Solid body

I own what I believe to be a K-125. It has a Red sunburst that fades to black. With "Binding" that's painted on. AMAZING tone. Cream plastic around the lipstick pickup. A buddy found it under a staircase in a house he was spraying pesticide in and the old lady that owned the house told him to throw it away!!! GREAT SCORE!!! E-Mail me if you have any pics of yours: ShwayJ@aol.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.