Re: Sakura 12 string

Posted by greg on Sun, 07/21/02 - 21:43:03.

: I have a Sakura 12 string guitar. I have had for about 25 year. Need to know what it is worth? And has anyone ever heard of this brand? Any info will help, PLease email me. Thanks

I have a 6 string about 1980 . first i ever heard of too. says inside it was handmade by the luthier guitar company.
no other info to give but would be interested to find out more too.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : I have a Sakura 12 string guitar. I have had for about 25 year. Need to know what it is worth? And has anyone ever heard of this brand? Any info will help, PLease email me. Thanks

: I have a 6 string about 1980 . first i ever heard of too. says inside it was handmade by the luthier guitar company.
: no other info to give but would be interested to find out more too.

As I sit typing this, I'm looking at my old six string Sakura. Got it in 1973 from my parents for Christmas. It is the spruce and rosewood model mentioned in another entry earlier. That would make this guitar around 33 years old. I don't think my parents really knew what they were buying back then, but it has been a constant companion through life. Its a great guitar. My youngest son damaged the neck when he was two. (stood on it!) I repaired it and it still plays like a champ. Saw a 12 string on ebay recently and they were asking three hundred for thier Sakura.

: : : I have a Sakura 12 string guitar. I have had for about 25 year. Need to know what it is worth? And has anyone ever heard of this brand? Any info will help, PLease email me. Thanks

: : I have a 6 string about 1980 . first i ever heard of too. says inside it was handmade by the luthier guitar company.
: : no other info to give but would be interested to find out more too.

:
: As I sit typing this, I'm looking at my old six string Sakura. Got it in 1973 from my parents for Christmas. It is the spruce and rosewood model mentioned in another entry earlier. That would make this guitar around 33 years old. I don't think my parents really knew what they were buying back then, but it has been a constant companion through life. Its a great guitar. My youngest son damaged the neck when he was two. (stood on it!) I repaired it and it still plays like a champ. Saw a 12 string on ebay recently and they were asking three hundred for thier Sakura.

Last week
I found a very dusty abandoned Sakura 6 string guitar (minus 5 strings but otherwise intact) so I took it home. Sounds fine, looks like soild wood, light (spruce?) front dark back and sides. Inside says 6200N by Music Pool made on China. Can't find any clues ebay or wiki...Anyone ever seen or heard of this model?

: : : I have a Sakura 12 string guitar. I have had for about 25 year. Need to know what it is worth? And has anyone ever heard of this brand? Any info will help, PLease email me. Thanks

: : I have a 6 string about 1980 . first i ever heard of too. says inside it was handmade by the luthier guitar company.
: : no other info to give but would be interested to find out more too.

:
: As I sit typing this, I'm looking at my old six string Sakura. Got it in 1973 from my parents for Christmas. It is the spruce and rosewood model mentioned in another entry earlier. That would make this guitar around 33 years old. I don't think my parents really knew what they were buying back then, but it has been a constant companion through life. Its a great guitar. My youngest son damaged the neck when he was two. (stood on it!) I repaired it and it still plays like a champ. Saw a 12 string on ebay recently and they were asking three hundred for thier Sakura.

I have a Sakura 6 string I bought at a discount store in 1972. I remember playing about 20 different guitars on the shelf and bought it for about $90 dollars(1972)as it was the best sounding guitar for the money. I had trouble with keeping it in tune with the cheap tuners, but the rest of the guitar was sound rosewood and spruce top (looks like sitka spruce). I replace the keys with some Grover keys and like magic the sound jumped out of it. I have had lots of other guitars, but it is my main guitar to this day. Sound wise, it will hold its own with any Martin or Gibson. I recently acquired a Sakura "strat" style electric. They are top quality, in material, workmanship and sound. I believe older guitars were manufactured in Japan.

I followed this thread, but didn't find out what the value of these guitars are. One person said he found one for $300. I have a Sakura sw 61 (whatever that means, is that the year it was made?) This ax needs help, but still sounds good even though the back is cracked and the neck has bowed some. Someone used this guitar for a club once, I think. So, what are these things worth and where would you find out?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.