gibson gs 330

Posted by tom on Mon, 06/19/00 - 17:20:59.
In Reply to Gibson

My frend has a gibson gs 330 guitar that he uses in a band.He would like to know about when it was made ,and what is it worth in todays market.The guitar is in very good condition.Thanks for any help you can give . Tom

Related Article:
Gibson named one of the Best Hollow-Body Guitar Brands

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: gibson gs 330

: My frend has a gibson gs 330 guitar that he uses in a band.He would like to know about when it was made ,and what is it worth in todays market.The guitar is in very good condition.Thanks for any help you can give . Tom
Hi Tom - I was just talking to my uncle last night. They made them for only 2 years. Many of them were modified to include a tremelo bar which quite significantly lowers their value in today's market. He bought his in about 1965 for $400. Gas was 28 cents a gallon at the time. The unique thing about this paricular gibson is that the entire body is hollow. Most gibson hollow bodies were only about 7/8ths hollow. I assume the finish is quite cracked but still looks good. This is true of all g s 330s. If unmodified, it is worth at least $7000. This is quite a rare piece with an incredible sound. You've really got something there.

email me a pic and i can tell ya

that guitar was one of only 6 ever made, it was discontinued after it failed to be liked by any famous guitarists of the time. i have only ever heard of one other one in existance. to help me confirm it is a original GS email me a picture of the guitar

: My frend has a gibson gs 330 guitar that he uses in a band.He would like to know about when it was made ,and what is it worth in todays market.The guitar is in very good condition.Thanks for any help you can give . Tom

To tell when a guitar was made you need to look for the serial number which is probably at the back of the headstock. There is a list of numbers and corresponding years at the gibson home page. It will be worth the most between arond the mid '50s to late 60's. The mid to late 60's guitars in particular. However once the date hits 1970 the value is significantly reduced. Make sure it is kept in good condition and is looked after. DON'T REPAIR DAMAGE OR REPLACE PARTS. This will reduce the value for a collector.

es330tdc for sale serial#11728

: : My frend has a gibson gs 330 guitar that he uses in a band.He would like to know about when it was made ,and what is it worth in todays market.The guitar is in very good condition.Thanks for any help you can give . Tom

: To tell when a guitar was made you need to look for the serial number which is probably at the back of the headstock. There is a list of numbers and corresponding years at the gibson home page. It will be worth the most between arond the mid '50s to late 60's. The mid to late 60's guitars in particular. However once the date hits 1970 the value is significantly reduced. Make sure it is kept in good condition and is looked after. DON'T REPAIR DAMAGE OR REPLACE PARTS. This will reduce the value for a collector.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.