C.F. Martin "STINGER SSX"

Posted by Ed Pressley on Tue, 02/15/00 - 00:49:05.
In Reply to Martin Guitar

Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

50 sx stinger

Just got my son this zseagreen guitar and i need worth and information on it.

St4

I've got a red, St4 stinger electric guitar. Its got two single coils and a humbucker on the bridge. I need to know info on it. Its got 21 frets. I heard martin makes them. I want to know info like on how mch it is worth because i want to buy more. Anyone have any info on this guitar at all?

Martain D-28 Stinger

I have a Martain D-28 Stinger 6 string, it was my dads , made in the 40s. Serial number 8010031, I have another number,#100719,EST.1833. I dont know what those numbers are. A Guitar store did little work on it and told my dad it was worth alot of money and it was rare. I want to know appr. what this Quitar is worth, before I go see a couple appraisers. I dont want to get ripped off. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Re: C.F. Martin

im looking for a martin ssx-10 stinger for my dad i need the picture and parts and specks,for my dad so he can fix his guitar

Re: C.F. Martin "STINGER SSX"

I have a Martin stinger ssx, a T.Haruo and a Daion 12 string. just sat down to find out somthing about any of them and get the same no info i got on this page.
I must have three vary rare and cool guitars is all i can think of. all three play great and sound great.

the stinger is my first guitar, my only, and my favorite.

See Above

I have a Maruoartin stinger ssx, a T.Haruo and a Daion 12 string. just sat down to find out somthing about any of them and get the same no info i got on this page.
I must have three vary rare and cool guitars is all i can think of. all three play great and sound great.

I have a martin stinger st4 and I can't find nothing either PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

: I have a martin stinger st4 and I can't find nothing either PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

My son also has a Stinger st4 and we'd like information on it like when were they made, and is the large black bridge pickup standard, or was it originally more like the Strat pickup?
How can I find the exact year this guitar was made?
Thanks,
In Christ,
David

: : I have a martin stinger st4 and I can't find nothing either PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

SSX Stinger

Were in the hell do i find info on this thing....no one even has a picture of it

Re: SSX Stinger

Look up VintageGuitar.com, brand pages, article by Michael Wright

: Were in the hell do i find info on this thing....no one even has a picture of it

I have a 1991 issue of Guitar For The Practicing Musician w/ Warren DiMartini on the cover and there is an ad for the Stinger. It has a black finish with a grey crackle finish, Super Strat body, basic Strat pickup configuration, Black hardware, basic Strat type trem, and a maple 22 fret neck. Thats all i can see on the picture in the ad. I saw the pic and started looking for a used one for sale and found this site. Hope i helped!

i have a stinger ssx it is red finish with a black crackle finish it has a few nicks i covered them it has three single pickups it is a 22 fret if information email me

I can't find info about it any where!!! I want to know how old and where my guitar came from!!!

how much does my sea-foam green stinger cost?

: Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site. I also own a stinger ssx. these must have been the Edsels of guitars.Ilove mine it sounds good;plays good.they must have been black balled by the company and others.let me hear from ya if you find out anything.cause now i am curious to know what gives./??? they are really nice electrics.

: : Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site. I also own a stinger ssx. these must have been the Edsels of guitars.Ilove mine it sounds good;plays good.they must have been black balled by the company and others.let me hear from ya if you find out anything.cause now i am curious to know what gives./??? they are really nice electrics.

I got one to and I can find any info either.

: Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.
I also have a stinger guitar, its an ssx and it happens to be the best guitar ive ever played, i think it has to do with the natural reverb that the guitar has, tell me what you think of it

: : Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.
: I also have a stinger guitar, its an ssx and it happens to be the best guitar ive ever played, i think it has to do with the natural reverb that the guitar has, tell me what you think of it

I have a stinger ST4 electric guitar. Its a 22 fret guitar it's like a fat strat.
I did not know that this was a copy of a strat utill
I got it.
I know it will never be much in value couse it's an
import
But If you took the Stinger neck off of it and put a
Fender Strat Neck on it you will think it is a Fender.
It has a 5 position swith LIKE A STRAT.
I took it home and plugged it in and played it and
IT PLAYED LIKE A DREAM!!!
I would NOT trade it for an american strat it is THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
All that I can tell of the stinger is that the neck is not like a strat.
It has the CLASSIC STRAT SOUND!!!!!!!
It's A cream Pearl colar.
I swear I have never played a better SOUNDING COPY OF A STRAT IN MY DAYS!!!!!
It is made in the late 70's and it is in MINT condition.

The Stinger is the greatest strat ever created

I've been playing my Stinger for 8 years, it was my first guitar, and it is my only guitar (till next week, but the stinger will always be my favorite). I learned everything from metal to punk to blues on it and it handles everything so sweetly. I can take pictures of it if you want and send em, plus the info on it, whatever. Just send me an email

: : : Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.
: : I also have a stinger guitar, its an ssx and it happens to be the best guitar ive ever played, i think it has to do with the natural reverb that the guitar has, tell me what you think of it

Re: The Stinger is the greatest strat ever created

I have an SSX Stinger sitting here in front of me, I have had it for quite a while and might still have the documentation that I got with it. It is my 2nd quitar, my first was a Fender Jazzmaster that I got from (you won't believe me) Joe Perry back in the days when he played in his garage when he lived in Hinsdale, Ma. But getting back to the Stinger, very good action and if you tweak the neck just right it sounds like the Strat it is designed after. I love it. I can't play to good anymore due to arthritis. If anyone would like to purchase it just e-mail. Let life be good to ya all.....

I live in massachusetts too. Youre name sounded really familiar. I think iv'e heard you play before. Are you in a quartet or something?

Re:Living in Mass

Hey-

Yeah I play in the Todd Gaynor Quartet. What's your email adress.

I have one too, there awesome. Hey , to the last person who wrote, do you by any chance live in massachusetts?

Living in massachusetts

Luke-
I do live in massachusetts. Where do you live?

: Wher can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.

: : Where can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.
i would like to know more about it,
please write back

jared

: : : Where can I find info about the Stinger guitar. I have one and can't find any info even at the Martin site.
: i would like to know more about it,
: please write back

: jared

I have a Martin Stinger to and I cant find any info on it either.

blue stinger

hi...i have a stinger too...cant find info...or pics,,,, the stinger label on head is different than ive seen anywhere. Why cant i find pics or info? i think its a ssx...pearl dark blue.

I am having the same problem. If and have you found out anything can you please let me know.
Thanks
Jack Davis

I also have a C.F.M Stinger (silver and grey 50ssxp) and am wondering if they really exist because i cannot find anything about them. If anyone finds anything....let me know something

I have a C F M Stinger 50ssxp which is silver and grey. Ive had it for around 3 yrs and have been looking for info on it since then. It's a nice guitar, but as everyone has mentioned, there is little information on them. If anyone knows anything, let me know.
: I also have a C.F.M Stinger (silver and grey 50ssxp) and am wondering if they really exist because i cannot find anything about them. If anyone finds anything....let me know something

:
: I have a SWG stinger and it seems that these guitars never
existed because nobody can find out anything about them,i sure cant find any thing, if anyone does please let me know because im beginning to think they came from outerspace or something

:
: Where on God's Green Earth is Martin Stinger Information.
I'm Starting to Wonder If These things were ever around. If you find info Contact me ASAP

:
: Where on God's Green Earth is Martin Stinger Information.
I'm Starting to Wonder If These things were ever around. If you find info Contact me ASAP

: : Im In The Same boat.Cant Find Anything On them.Someone Get it So We Can All rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: : Where on God's Green Earth is Martin Stinger Information.
: I'm Starting to Wonder If These things were ever around. If you find info Contact me ASAP

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.