Hikari guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Esther Akin on Sat, 09/02/00 - 22:24:14.

Just picked up a Hidare guitar at a garage sale. Model #H250A, designed in Hawan, built in Korea.

Can you tell me anything abouth this guitar such as how old it is and how much it is worth. Thank you much.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Hikari guitar

Same story here. I own a Hikari guitar and was looking all over the net for info on them. Finally after using several search engines I came across this link www.vintaxe.com/catalogs_japanese_hikari.htm

I couldnt access the page (may be an intranet site)but at least its a lead for cryin out loud!

my brother in law found a hikari and was wandering what it was worth? model wg81 if anybody knows anything about this would help . please re-mit.

i just bought a made in japan "Hikari" jazz guitar (copy of Gibson ES330) seems to be quite old; mechanics and mics are crap . must be replaced by good ones, anywayz i wont bitch about cos i paid it about $250..

"Hikari" finds nothing related to guitars except this forum thread;

if anyone have some more info about this brand.

Hikari guitar

Wow! I bought a used 12-string Hikari for $20.00 when I was stationed in Hawaii in 1978. Sold it for $40.00 and bought a new Takamini acoustic/electric for $300.00, with hard case. I had no idea the two guitars were related.

The Hikari acoustic was the prototype put out and when they went production they changed the name to Takamini. Nice guitar.

: "Hikari" finds nothing related to guitars except this forum thread;

: if anyone have some more info about this brand.

well I have a hikari zero fret acoustic guitar in great condition and id like to know the value if any it has
thanx

we : The Hikari acoustic was the prototype put out and when they went production they changed the name to Takamini. Nice guitar.

: : "Hikari" finds nothing related to guitars except this forum thread;

: : if anyone have some more info about this brand.

I purchased a Hikare guitar model WG 99 in Hawaii in 1978. It was designed in Hawaii and made in Japan according to the inside label. I paid about $150 for it then. If you've found anything else about their value please let me know.

:i found a hikari guitar as well but i haven't an idea on it's origin ... well your welcome for all the help
my model #h150 let me know if you find out something

I purchased a Hikari Classical, which looks a lot like it's a Takamine C132S. I'd sure like to know. It was made in Japan, has a solid Cedar Top, and has Rosewood sides and back, which could also be solid, but hard to tell.

I've had a Hikari H100 since 1975 I love it's sound. It's been my favorite guitar for years.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.