Re: london reverb

Posted by Ted Parker on Thu, 01/25/01 - 11:24:34.

: Can anyone tell me about the London Reverb model from the early 80's?
: Is it a Rivera design like the concert? Thanks, harry
: If you are talking about the Fender London Reverb, its a great amp. I own one and love it. Its a 100 watt with a single 12" ..but you could get it with 2. Two channels, channel 2 being the dirty channel, 2 mid pots, pull bright on the treble, and a 5 channel equalizer, foot pedal for channel, reverb, effects loop and a fourth I can't remember (its been a while).

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

is any one selling a used fender london reverb for 300 or less if so email me thanks

I'll sell you mine for $300 as is.

hanleyk@earthlink.net

I have a 1-12 combo Fender London Reverb amp and it's great. No tubes to blow but a great sounding amp. The foot pedal has 4 functions - channel switching, EQ, effects loop and reverb.

I have a 1-12 combo Fender London Reverb amp and it' great. No tubes to blow but a great sounding amp. The foot pedal has 4 functions - channel switching, EQ, effects loop and reverb.

Fender London 185 Reverb amp head

Anybody can help me with what king of footswitch this head uses, 2-3-4 switch pedal and specially an owners manual....nobody has one....HELP!!!!!

London reverb footswitch

Hello do you still have the London reverb footswitchable for sale? Thanks...

fender london reverb footswitch

I have one, and searched for 6 yrs until finding it! I also have the manual which I retrieved from Fender. Make me an offer if u wish.

I have one with a number of problems. I did not know that parts were so hard to find-- I was considering fixing it myself. For those of you in So.Cal., Fender has a factory in Ensenada-- maybe that is where some parts could be found. I would sure appreciate any help or suggestions re: fixing this amp. One of the channels doesn't always work and lately I can't get any sound to come out at all on either channel. There also may be a problem with the EQ. Is this thing just junk now? I hate to write off 100 watts of Fender power. I've had it for 10 years, bought it used for $100, and it was working then.

: I have a 1x12 London Reverb that I had repaired and it cranks. I love the tone on this amp. However, I do not have the footswitch. Does anyone out there have a footswitch for this amp they want to sell? It is a 4-button job, serial # should be 01-xxxx (acc: Fender)

london reverb

I would like to sell my London Reverb amp. Has the footswitch.I am the original owner...everything works and is in great condition...has a cover too. Reasonable

: : I have a 1x12 London Reverb that I had repaired and it cranks. I love the tone on this amp. However, I do not have the footswitch. Does anyone out there have a footswitch for this amp they want to sell? It is a 4-button job, serial # should be 01-xxxx (acc: Fender)

I was looking for a London Reverb cause a friend of mine had one years ago and it sounded awesome!!!! Some one on E-Bay answered a question about a footswitch. The one he was selling did not have one but he said that it was a "3" button and fender had them. I also thought that the London's were solid state but I have seen several that had tubes in the back! What gives? Contact Fender. They should be able to direct you to the right F.S. Lots of luck, Bob

I own one of these. The footswitch is definitely a 4-button-- I've been trying to locate one for 2 years as I never got it when I bought the amp used in 1987. It is a solid state amp-- no tubes, but a great tube sound. Ebay pops up with a footswitch once in awhile, you just have to be diligent about checking.

:
: I was looking for a London Reverb cause a friend of mine had one years ago and it sounded awesome!!!! Some one on E-Bay answered a question about a footswitch. The one he was selling did not have one but he said that it was a "3" button and fender had them. I also thought that the London's were solid state but I have seen several that had tubes in the back! What gives? Contact Fender. They should be able to direct you to the right F.S. Lots of luck, Bob

: I have a 1x12 London Reverb that I had repaired and it cranks. I love the tone on this amp. However, I do not have the footswitch. Does anyone out there have a footswitch for this amp they want to sell? It is a 4-button job, serial # should be 01-xxxx (acc: Fender)

I don't have a foot switch either but have a really nice sounding London Reverb for sale - $275.00. Got a '69 Bandmaster and am having it rebuilt, need the money...

I know this is an OLD thread, but I just found it. I have a London 185 head. I loved that head, but two pots were broken on it and now it's dead anyways. Plug it in and it hums, then about 2 seconds later the fuse blows. I have no schematic for it, but maybe someone could use the parts that are good? I now have an M-80 and am looking for schematics just in case. Email me if interested.

I have a 1x12 London Reverb that I had repaired and it cranks. I love the tone on this amp. However, I do not have the footswitch. Does anyone out there have a footswitch for this amp they want to sell? It is a 4-button job, serial # should be 01-xxxx (acc: Fender)

: I have one with a number of problems. I did not know that parts were so hard to find-- I was considering fixing re: fixing this amp. One of the channels doesn't always work and lately I can't get any sound to come out at all on eith Is this thing just junk now? I hate to write off 100 watts of Fender power. I've had it for 10 years, bought it used for $100, and it was working then.

I just finished repairing mine aftere hunting for parts everywhere but Mars.I bought it used in 1998 for $75-it only had the clean channel and most ofthe knobs were broken.
As I found out,behind the broken knobs were broken pots,and some of them were touch switches.They were tough to locate.
After replacing all of the above,I still had no effects,eq,or reverb,as all of channel two was dead.By using the "technical thwack" method of tracing amp problems I found the problem.
I fed a constant signal into the input from a cassette deck (keep the volumes down) and tapped and twisted the connections,bang! it came on by twisting the 10 pin connector from the main control board to the effects board.I resoldered all the pins and reworked the stupid 10k ohm resistor on pin 3 to R32 and she's crankin!
Question:How can an amp pulling 200 watts from the wall put out so much (100 watts)? That's phenomenal,a 50% efficiency from a tired old design.Don't believe it,A 100 watt Marshall tube amp (plexi) will crush it to death,but the Fender sounds great in it's own right.
Use the hints the Pros use and you probably won't need any parts.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.