Hoyer 12 string

Posted by CLEVE-ij on Sun, 08/26/01 - 00:42:59.

I have an old I have an old concert size Hoyer 12 string, acustic electric that was originally purchased in Kassel Germany around 1965 for about US$200. It is not in the greatest shape because the ivory around the face is cracked all the way around. The electronics are pretty much useless. However, the action is lower (almost as low as my custom Jackson soloist pro) and the sound quality is better than anything I have ever played. I can't find a 12-string that comes anywhere near it even with a US$3000 price tag. Does anybody know where I can find more information about this guitar. I think it is a hidden treasure but if no one else does, it is only because they have not played it yet. Low Low Action, No fret buzz, Full clear sound. Whoever made this guitar knew what they were doing.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hoyer concert guitar, archetop c.a. 1951

I have a Hoyer concert Guitar which I purchased in Goeppingen ,Germany in 1952 new. It in none-electric. The Guitar is black with a white inlay all around its edges, the scratch guard is white. I brought it with me to the States when I immigrated here in 1953. It has adorned the walls of my home for all these years. It has not been played for many years. I would like to sell it. I would like to have an idea as to it's value, and find a interested party.

stolen

I had one circa 65 stolen from a locked room - the janitor I'm sure - best 12 I've ever played - wish I still had it - I used the insurance money for a 67 D-18 - but still wish I had the hoyer

Re: Hoyer 12 string

I also have a Hoyer 12 string from 1950's/1960's. I agree about the sound. It is great. I had mine set up by a very good luthier and it is certainly the best 12 string acoustic I ever played. My guitar has no electrics and the top has a crack under the scratch plate. Did you know Elvis Presley played one in the film 'Calofornia Holiday'?
Rob

Hoyer 12 string acoustic

I have a 1969 Hoyer 12 string acoustic with original battered hard case, does anyone know what the value of this would be.

Hoyer 12 string

Hi, I have one of these, what are they worth and is there any demand for them?

I've also got a columbus hummingbird replica that I'm looking to sell

I have a hoyer 12 string, no electrics, with the same body shape as the Elvis one. I had it set up by a good luthier, with new machines. I acquired it in 1969, and it still sounds better than it has any right to! I think laminated construction isn't a bad idea when dealing with those stresses. Eric

Are you interested in selling your guitar?

: I have an old I have an old concert size Hoyer 12 string, acustic electric that was originally purchased in Kassel Germany around 1965 for about US$200. It is not in the greatest shape because the ivory around the face is cracked all the way around. The electronics are pretty much useless. However, the action is lower (almost as low as my custom Jackson soloist pro) and the sound quality is better than anything I have ever played. I can't find a 12-string that comes anywhere near it even with a US$3000 price tag. Does anybody know where I can find more information about this guitar. I think it is a hidden treasure but if no one else does, it is only because they have not played it yet. Low Low Action, No fret buzz, Full clear sound. Whoever made this guitar knew what they were doing.

I have an old Hoyer 12 string. I like the tone. Mine has no electrics. It is a heavy beast, so sitting down with it seems the best way to play it.
If you find any information about these guuitars please let me know. All I know so far is that they were made in Germany.
Robert

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.