Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2003

Archive for posts from August, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

the fuse function

I have a chrome-o-zone amp (laney) and I want to know if someone can help me with the fuses that the amp has. I switch off the HT fuse and the amp continues running and i don't know why. And if someone can help me telling me what is the way to leave the amp useless to avoid that someone could use it without my permission. Thanx for everything

1968-69 Domino hollowbody guitar?

hi! just got this guitar and all I know is its a 1968 or 1969 domino hollowbody Iam not sure of the model. Could anyone help me with this any info on this make and a price tag would be appreciated. thanks Jack

free hindi mp-3 download

how can i download free hindi mp-3

Re: free hindi mp-3 download

: how can i download free hindi mp-3

: : how can i download free hindi old songs mp-3

: : : how can i download free hindi old and new songs mp-3

: : : how can i download free hindi old songs mp-3

: : : : how can i download free hindi old songs mp-3

: : : : : how can i download free hindi old songs mp-3

can any1 let me know which music site i can download old songs 4m thanks get back to me on address plzzz ms_kiran_dev@yahoo.com

: : : : : how can i download free hindi old songs mp-3

you are verry goog

: how can i download free hindi mp-3

: : how can i download free hindi mp-3

: : : how can i download free hindi mp-3

: : : : how can i download free hindi mp-3

laik to yuo?

I have a problem.

I want download song ,,The stadium techno" artist is Scooter.Have you this song?Please,write me.Good bye

PA equipment

Looking to buy a PA. Been told that Mackie 808S Powered Mixer is awesome. What speakers etc ??? Don't know much myself - in need of advice on what PA to buy for small gigs. Anyone offer advice much appreciated. Cheers!

A PICKUP WITH LOADS OF GAIN

Hi, i currently have a starfield electic guitar h/s/s, and at the moment have a seymour duncan "holdsworth" humbucker in it at the bridge. Now, it is a great pickup, but i want loads of gain, my amp (tech 21 trademark 60 combo) has not got loads of gain, so i want a hotter pick up !!!.
Any suggestions you lot ?. cheers

Re: A PICKUP WITH LOADS OF GAIN

: Hi, i currently have a starfield electic guitar h/s/s, and at the moment have a seymour duncan "holdsworth" humbucker in it at the bridge. Now, it is a great pickup, but i want loads of gain, my amp (tech 21 trademark 60 combo) has not got loads of gain, so i want a hotter pick up !!!.
: Any suggestions you lot ?. cheers

Pickups for high-gain

You have to go EMG active if you want to play the gain game. I have an 81 at the neck and an 85 at the bridge. Hammett and Wylde use 'em because they rock.

Fair warning: they're a pain to install, but worth the effort.
: : Hi, i currently have a starfield electic guitar h/s/s, and at the moment have a seymour duncan "holdsworth" humbucker in it at the bridge. Now, it is a great pickup, but i want loads of gain, my amp (tech 21 trademark 60 combo) has not got loads of gain, so i want a hotter pick up !!!.
: : Any suggestions you lot ?. cheers

Re: Pickups for high-gain

Ya, Get a Dimarzio super
3 pickup. easy and lot of high very quit gain, I use them on all my ibanez blows away emg's somewhat. Or try the semore custom custom that also is a damm good pickup.

screw the EMG's

The EMG actives don't sound as good as people let on. The best thing you can do is get a Dimarzio X2N. It puts out 510 mV and is the hottest passive pickup on the market. The next best choice would be a Duncan Invader. I'm also pleasently pleased with Carvin's high output pickups. Check out the websites for each of these companies...www.seymourduncan.com...www.dimarzio.com...www.carvin.com. Compare the tone charts as well as output. Dimarzio also has a new one out, the Subsonic, that's supposed to be pretty good if you down tune, check it out on their website as well. Then go to Ebay, a good used pickup can save you some $$$

Re: A PICKUP WITH LOADS OF GAIN

Texas Special pickups are wound really hot but im not sure if its gonna give you the massive amount of gain your looking for.

thanks you lot for the replys.

: Hi, i currently have a starfield electic guitar h/s/s, and at the moment have a seymour duncan "holdsworth" humbucker in it at the bridge. Now, it is a great pickup, but i want loads of gain, my amp (tech 21 trademark 60 combo) has not got loads of gain, so i want a hotter pick up !!!.
: Any suggestions you lot ?. cheers

Do I have to spend huge $$ on a tube amp head?

I don't understand it. In a day and age when I can get a bad-ass cab for around $250, I have to go out and spend $400 for a decent tube head. I want 100w - 130w that's reliable and LOUD! But I want it for around $250. Gimme help.

Re: Do I have to spend huge $$ on a tube amp head?

I'd be wary about a tube head for only $250. It's either a cheep one or the tubes are on their way out. If you do find one make sure you check out the tubes before you buy it.

kent guitar

i have one i wanted to now how old it is its a electric bass guitar 4 string

BEGINNER THAT NEEDS HELP FINDING A GOOD GUITAR!!!!

I am STILL looking for a good used guitar!!! What is a good brand and kind for a beginner? What is good in a guitar and what is Bad??? NEED HELP!!!

Re: BEGINNER THAT NEEDS HELP FINDING A GOOD GUITAR!!!!

It all depends on what you want to play. Classical, acoustic, electric...? Then it depends on what type of music you want to play on that instrument.

Ok i want to play an acoustic guitar. And play rock or punk and eventauly play electric. Play music like dasboard confessional or stuff like that...

At your level you should go to your local music store and just buy a cheep acoustic. Until you develop a sense of tone and get experienced you won't know the difference anyway. Make sure it feels comfortable. It you start some bad habits now they will be very hard to correct later. If you need to you should probably pick up a good guitar book (even if you just browse one for free in the book store) and try to at least learn what to look for. You want an adequately straight neck with minimal fret buzzing. I can't really think of much else that could help you in writing. Good luck.

I've been playing for 20 years and started with a Yamaha acoustic. They make fairly good quality instruments at a reasonably low price. Have someone knowledgable sit down with you and go over basics such as restringing, setup and maintenence and you'll have years of service out of the instrument.

pls define "good". in acoustics, it could be the latest Epiphone AJ1 dreadnaught for $99, that's a good price for a decent guitar. then maybe you'd consider a $15,000 Larivee a good guitar (I would!) I guess the real question is how rich is daddy?

You're right, if daddy can afford it a good guitar can be much higher end. Good would obviously be a matter of taste and the depth of your wallet. I've found the best affordable tone to come in the new retail range around $400 to $600 retail. You get out of it what you put in to it. Which includes which cuts of wood are used in the construction, how they're handled, glues, etc. The Koreans just aren't going to use top quality materials and you get what you pay for.

I would go with a Squier Fender Strat for electric or like a montana acoustic

Seagull Guitar

Seagull Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Seagull Guitar

how much is my guitar worth?

I have a Gibson C5 Guitar that my father purchased in 1948. It is in excellent condition. Does anyone have an idea what it might be worth. He paid $84.00 for it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx
Debbie

Re: how much is my guitar worth?

if it's in good shape, it may be worth 100-200 TIMES what he paid for it. call your local Gibson dealer and ask them. other than selling guitars, it seems that's all they're good for. next, call your insurance company and get an addendum put on your home-owners'... seal it, pack it and store it for as long as you can!!! what a GEM!!!!!!!!

How much is my guitar worth. It is an Epiphone 12 string...model number no-245 serial no. 471981 very good condition?????

I have A Squire Stratocaster 20th aniversery addition in good shape with 11 calibur strings in blue

wanted yamaha FG580 12 string or FG630 12 string

Wanting I think yamaha FG580 or FG630 or similar yamaha 12 string. thanks

Re: wanted yamaha FG580 12 string or FG630 12 string

rewgister with e-bay and set it in your search preferences... it shouldn't take very long.

I have an FG630 12 string

Are you still looking for an FG630. I have one in very good condition. Comes with original (alligator skin style) Yamaha case.

Re: wanted yamaha FG580 12 string or FG630 12 string

: Wanting I think yamaha FG580 or FG630 or similar yamaha 12 string. thanks

I have a Yamaha FG580, however, it is a 6 string guitar...I bought it in 1977...Great sounding old guitar!!!.....

Boss GT6 + Marshall JCM2000 TSL head - HELP ME!

Hello! I need to connect my fx boss gt6 in my marshall head, and i need to use efects from the boss in the clean channel of marshall, and use the overdrive marshall without any effect. I need help.

i want chords of bob maerly

Steve Lukather - Jan Akkerman

Steve Lukather - Jan Akkerman touring in Holland and Germany october this year. They'll be playing Jimi Hendrix material. Some combination, right? More info www.hendrixfiles.com

Re: Steve Lukather - Jan Akkerman

And October 9th Steve Lukather will launch his new website in Hengelo and do a clinic and improvisation on acoustic guitar. Check out www.stevelukather.net

epiphone les paul

i got an epiphone les paul with a crack in the neck about half way up is there any way of repairing this - it looks like the nech and body are one piece but surely this cant be? any advice would be gratefull received

Re: epiphone les paul

The neck is set into the body, why it appears to be one piece. Any decent shop should be able to fix it as LP cracked necks/heads are a common repair, if you want to do it yourself (not too hard) just do a search as there are lot's of websites with step by step repair instruction.

: i got an epiphone les paul with a crack in the neck about half way up is there any way of repairing this - it looks like the nech and body are one piece but surely this cant be? any advice would be gratefull received

Re: epiphone les paul

last statement first: the Les Paul has a "set" neck... it goes clear through the body, so yes, it IS possible. Firsts question: most depends on how bad the break is, and where it's broken. if it's a clean crack, well believe it or not, glue is stronger than wood. it could be mortised with dowells, (oak prefferably) and glued with clamps and it 'could' be stronger than before. the real problem is that there is a truss rod going the length of the neck which puts additional tension to keep it straight. it takes up a lot of room within the neck, limiting the areas where the dowells can fit. it requires removing the fretboard, the truss rod and finding someone with the nads to do it properly. then it could also reqire a refinish on the neck. long story short: it can be done, but is it worth it? check with a good luthirer in your area and see.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.