Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2003

Archive for posts from August, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: old hardcase needed asap

I hve a hard case how much r u wlling to pay?

Micro-Frets

I am a fan of microfrets guitars and I need an orbiter to sort of complete a collection, not that such a thing is ever possible, somebody help.
Craig
800-742-2488
Peace

Re: Micro-Frets

fan of microfrets guitars and I need an orbiter to sort of complete a collection, not that such a thing is ever possible, somebody help.
: Craig
: 800-742-2488
: Peace

Re: Micro-Frets

sorry, can't help you w/your orbiter search,as I am looking to score my first MICRO-FRETS treasure. Any leads are most appreciated. fan of microfrets guitars and I need an orbiter to sort of complete a collection, not that such a thing is ever possible, somebody help.
: : Craig
: : 800-742-2488
: : Peace

Brownville thug? where?

Ive been looking like a dog for a new Brownville Thug hollow-body electric guitar and they are nowhere to be found. The site gives no help, and the stores ive visited all sell pointy-shaped axes to kids like me when i want this beautiful, light axe. I live in CA, help?

Re: Brownville thug? where?

: Ive been looking like a dog for a new Brownville Thug hollow-body electric guitar and they are nowhere to be found. The site gives no help, and the stores ive visited all sell pointy-shaped axes to kids like me when i want this beautiful, light axe. I live in CA, help?

They're carried by Sam Ash, among others. SamAsh.com lists them online.

Re: Brownville thug? where?

am lookin for very good acoustic guitars for my strudents.and i know sam ash ,will help me find this b'ca all my seach seem to be bleak and fragile.appiah,gh.

worried tutor

am lookin for very good acoustic guitars for my strudents.and i know sam ash ,will help me find this b'ca all my seach seem to be bleak and fragile.appiah,gh.

Ibanez rg1077xl 7-string guitar

I was curious if this guitar came tuned in B, or does it come in E and it can still stay tight as low as B or even A. I was always thought to believe that 7 strings came tuned with the top string being low B, therefore dropping to low A (as like you would drop D on a standard guitar). My buddy is telling me that these guitars come tuned in E like all standard guitars. I just need to know that truth damnit...LOL!
Thanks,
Eric

Re: Ibanez rg1077xl 7-string guitar

you can tune it to whatever you want,, it works better than a standard seven string for even lower tunings.

: I was curious if this guitar came tuned in B, or does it come in E and it can still stay tight as low as B or even A. I was always thought to believe that 7 strings came tuned with the top string being low B, therefore dropping to low A (as like you would drop D on a standard guitar). My buddy is telling me that these guitars come tuned in E like all standard guitars. I just need to know that truth damnit...LOL!
: Thanks,
: Eric

All 7 strings come tunned from low to high B E A D G B E

Pedalfx

Looking for anyone who has had dealings/purchased pedals with/from pedalfx.com.

Thank you...

Lero Guitars

Lero Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Lero Guitars

Guild D-25 Mahogany

I have a Guild D-25 Mahogany acoustic that I bought sometime in the 1970s (when I was too young and irresponsible to record important information). The serial number is 111555. Is there a way to tell the exact date and place of manufacture from this serial number? Thanks for your help.

Mike

Re: Guild D-25 Mahogany

1974. go to mrgearhead.com and click on the guild link, then at the top is a link called dating and it gives you all the serial numbers for all makes.

: I have a Guild D-25 Mahogany acoustic that I bought sometime in the 1970s (when I was too young and irresponsible to record important information). The serial number is 111555. Is there a way to tell the exact date and place of manufacture from this serial number? Thanks for your help.

: Mike

Anyone use the BOSS ME-50

I want to know if the Metalzone distortion setting is as good as the metalzone pedal. Also, I heard there was a delay time from when you choose an effect till it comes out of your guitar.
Any info is appreciated.

Re: Anyone use the BOSS ME-50

is there a delay time for changing effects? is it any good for usuing live? and is it possible to use the expression effects with say distotion on them?
thanks

my original music

Hello: I am an accomplished musician and singer and would like you to request my original work at the following radio stations" WLIR 92.7 FM's Harlan Friedman show, and Nassau Community College radio station. I have been performing in bars and coffeehouses for years and am looking for people to help me record between 20-30 of my original works which may sound like rem, the smiths, u2, replacements, or others depending on what you have heard of course.I have folk-rock, relaxed pop, depressing stuff, you name it-all my moods so many styles. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

ahhhhhhhhhh

like you forgot to say what/who to request

: Hello: I am an accomplished musician and singer and would like you to request my original work at the following radio stations" WLIR 92.7 FM's Harlan Friedman show, and Nassau Community College radio station. I have been performing in bars and coffeehouses for years and am looking for people to help me record between 20-30 of my original works which may sound like rem, the smiths, u2, replacements, or others depending on what you have heard of course.I have folk-rock, relaxed pop, depressing stuff, you name it-all my moods so many styles. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

Re: my original music

: Hello: I am an accomplished musician and singer and would like you to request my original work at the following radio stations" WLIR 92.7 FM's Harlan Friedman show, and Nassau Community College radio station. I have been performing in bars and coffeehouses for years and am looking for people to help me record between 20-30 of my original works which may sound like rem, the smiths, u2, replacements, or others depending on what you have heard of course.I have folk-rock, relaxed pop, depressing stuff, you name it-all my moods so many styles. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

Hello AHHHHHHHH: My original cd at WHPC 90.3 and WLIR 92.7 fm has 1. Another Day (jazz-folk-easy listening song)
2. "Ages" an upbeat folk-rock pop song on acoustic
3. Oneonta-a depressing break up folk-blues-reproductive freedom song that is honest but I've been told is sexist and disturbing-you decide

Does anyone know anything about empro guitars?

I am just looking for some info on em', I know they are korean made..........but thats about all

Fender Custom Z Esquire Custom Shop

I found this guitar in mint condition and would like to know the value of it????

John Kasha! Contact email?

Hi, if anyone here knows a contact email for john, or if john you are still posting here can you drop it in this thread. I have some questions to ask you about your rockmod preamps and some of the your other lines.

Thanks

Steve

Re: John Kasha! Contact email?

: Hi, if anyone here knows a contact email for john, or if john you are still posting here can you drop it in this thread. I have some questions to ask you about your rockmod preamps and some of the your other lines.

: Thanks

: Steve

please help me with a rockmod ii repair!!!!!!!

steever
detroit

Hi John,

Are you still producing your rockmod preamps, or do you have any ones left over unsold? Same goes for your quickmod. Do you have any plan to start production again?

Thanks,

Steve

: Thanks

: Steve

i have a rockmod ii in serious need of repair can anybody help
signed
missing my tone in detroit
steever

My new resonator...

Hi all. I was testing my digicam the other day and recorded a movie version of one of my favorite tunes, Sailin Shoes. This is a RealPlayer file viewable at

http://thatllteachyou.com/movs/sailin.ram

I'm playing my Palmwood resonator, in dropped D tuning using a heavy brass slide.

Hope you enjoy it...

Kirk
www.kirklorange.com

Re: My new resonator...

Didn't realize I could make a link.

Here it is:

Re: My new resonator...

: : Kirk
: www.kirklorange.com
gidday kirk its mexican from your masterclass@the musos club the other night if u want a shot of rhythm and blues and to get in touch with your derro side come to kirra pub tonight 6/9 a great night is guaranteed

knob lubrication (no sex jokes plz!)

can someone recommend a lubricant to keep my guitars knobs rolling smoothly? (dont say ky jelly or vaseline... ;)

GE

Re: knob lubrication (no sex jokes plz!)

wd-40, put it on a qtip and swab it where you need it

: can someone recommend a lubricant to keep my guitars knobs rolling smoothly? (dont say ky jelly or vaseline... ;)

: GE

does strat or charvel serial no. show year of make???

i got my fender strat around 1984/85 new... can i tell what year the model is from the serial no. ?
same question of my 2 charvel/jacksons

Used Paul reed smith TREMONTI model WANTED

I am looking for a used PRS Tremonti model guitar(not the cheap CE one). willing to pay 1300 USD for it and all shipping. If you have one or know where I can find one in that price range, Please let me know.

Jesse Cook Tab: Soledad

Searching for tab to any tunes on Jesse Cook's Tempest CD

Jesse Cook Tab: Soledad

: Searching for tab to any tunes on Jesse Cook's Nomad CD

Re: Jesse Cook Tab: tempest

please..

khaler

Can anyone please tell me where to find a khaler whammy bar?

Settingan Effect

Gua butuh setingan efek gitaris siapa aja, dari besarnya low,mid,high, sampai eq-nya please...
gua bener2 buta banget soal gt-6 ini.

Re: Settingan Effect

: Gua butuh setingan efek gitaris siapa aja, dari besarnya low,mid,high, sampai eq-nya please... untuk karakter rock alternative.
: gua bener2 buta banget soal yang namanya jenis efek zoom gfx4

Alvarez Guitar Model 5024

I have this guitar that was left to me by my father in law. Could anyone tell me anything about it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Alvarez Guitar Model 5024

If the guitar has cherry back and sides, split parallelogram inlays, and a fancy pickguard with a pearl dove on it, then the guitar is a 1970s Alvarez lawsuit copy of a Gibson Dove. Gibson sued and Alvarez drastically changed the model. Can U provide a description of the guitar that you have - include such factors as condition and playability.

An Alvarez copy of a Gibson Dove in very good to excellent condition sells for $200 to $300 on ebay.

Richard

: I have this guitar that was left to me by my father in law. Could anyone tell me anything about it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Alvarez Guitar Model 5024

: If the guitar has cherry back and sides, split parallelogram inlays, and a fancy pickguard with a pearl dove on it, then the guitar is a 1970s Alvarez lawsuit copy of a Gibson Dove. Gibson sued and Alvarez drastically changed the model. Can U provide a description of the guitar that you have - include such factors as condition and playability.

: An Alvarez copy of a Gibson Dove in very good to excellent condition sells for $200 to $300 on ebay.

: Richard

:
: : I have this guitar that was left to me by my father in law. Could anyone tell me anything about it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My best friend had this guitar in good condition, but we were goofing off and I droped it in the case. The head cracked. If you have one, be careful with it.... even if it's in the case. You can't realy replace something like that.

amp settings for carlsbro glx100

Does any one have any good blink 182 style amp settings for the carlsbro glx100?

good bass amp settings for blink 182

: Does any one have any good blink 182 style bass amp settings for ibanze ibz10b

Re: amp settings for carlsbro glx100

: Does any one have any good creed style amp settings for the crate mx10?

I need a guitar suggestions

I need an electric accoustic guitar and there are so many I cant tell the junk from something good. I want to spend no more than $500 if possible. If there is a real good one-not great, but good- for less and anyone knows it, please let me know at jrsr1@cableone.net

Re: I need a bass guitar suggestions

: I need an bass guitar and there are so many I cant tell the junk from something good. I want to spend no more than $500 if possible. If there is a real good one-not great, but good- for less and anyone knows it, please let me know at jrsr1@cableone.net

Looking for Chuck Gibson

I am working on Genealogy, and came accross a name Chuck Gibson. Upon investigating, I found out he played with groups in the 60's. Anyone know of him, please write me.
thanks, Joan

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.