Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2003

Archive for posts from August, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Fender 21st Century American Standard Strat

: $900, assuming u live in the States

Funny how *great minds* think alike. That was exactly the number I had in mind.

Thank you.

How to put a Floyd Rose??

I had a whammy bar o my guitar and I bought a Floyd Rose to use instead of the whammy,,,,,I know how to put a whammy but not a Floy Rose can someone help me???

Re: How to put a Floyd Rose??

have a look here.. everything u need to know bout setting up a Floyd Rose:

http://www.playmusicfree.com/special_promotions/jackson%20page/jackson_floyd_howto.htm

: I had a whammy bar o my guitar and I bought a Floyd Rose to use instead of the whammy,,,,,I know how to put a whammy but not a Floy Rose can someone help me???

Custom P-Bass control plate

I need a P-Bass control plate with only 2 holes (the 2nd and 4th)...can anyone make one for me or tell me where to get one?

Re: It's A J-Bass control plate

Yeah I wasn't thinking right, I need a custom J-Bass control plate.

distortion pedal from master of puppets

ive been wanting to buy a distortion pedal similar to that of used in the song master of puppets by metallica, does anyone know the name of it? i have a fender by the way, so would i be able to sound somewhat close to them in that song, (by distortion and sound)

Re: distortion pedal from master of puppets

well i have found that the digitech rp series guitar modeling pedals work well. You can create your own sound. so if you listen to it while makeing a sound you will probably hit the right sound. I'm not sure they even use pedals it might be in theamps though.

restringing a PRS

I have a PRS CE 22 with a trem, and i everytime i restring it the brige comes up about a quarter of an inch off the body, even when i stretch the strings. Anyone know how i could stop this?

STRING

I have a Fender and I have had this problem too. It usually happens when you go to a higher gauge. Mine gradually went down but is still not all the way down. On the back of Fenders there are springs that work the tremelo I dont know if PRS have this. You have to take the strings off and adjust the springs. BUt dont take my word for it visit a site on doing this.

Reggae Duet Available

I am a male guitarist and I have 3 or 4 female vocalist ready to perform any time. Our styles include pop, reggae, and Motown ballads. We are able to do gigs as a duet or reggae band. We are also able to join other projects that need guitar of vocal support.
To sample music go to http://clearhaze.iuma.com
Contact by email at reggaepop@yahoo.com

remeber me?

I was just checking back with you. To let you know that I have african american female vocalist that can really sing, I would love for you to meet.

vintage guitars rules!!!!

I only want to say ,that i´m a fanatic of this guitars since i saw kurt cobain playing one.I like jaguar and jagstang too...The problem is that i dónt have money enough to by one but i know one day i will a lot of good guitars and amps ,and all kind of instruments!!!!ROCK,N,ROLL TILL THE END.....OVIDI

Gibson Flat Top L-O model - possibly

I have a Gibson that was purchased in used 1947. It still has the original case. It has the number stamped inside the sound hole up towards the neck of #298. I have contacted Gibson, but they were unable to pinpoint the date of this instrument. The info they sent me does not match this guitar. Maybe it isn't an L-O model. Does anyone have any suggestions in acquiring its ID and value? Thank you.

Re: Gibson Flat Top L-O model - possibly

my suggestion is to go to gbase.com and search for gibson L-O's... then look at your guitar and compare. pre-war gibson L's are selling for 1.5k and up. if this isnt enough for you or if you can't figure out what the heck it is you can always hire a pro for $25-35... just bust out the digital camera and surf to these urls:

http://www.mandoweb.com/
http://www.gruhn.com/

gruhn and mandolin bros have been around for awhile and are widely recognized... if you want to spend the money these are the places to do it.

HELP With my Band

hi i have a ska band, i like ska, but the brass section doesnt under stand how to play ska, i dont play the trumpet, anyways are there any books or websites that describe how to play ska music for the brass section....thanks e-mail me information i will never check this......

Christian_Guitarist@hotmail.com
thanks

New Slide Guitar Forum

If you like Acoustic Slide and Lapsteel visit http://axeplay.proboards13.com (Adam's Music Zone)
we need more Members

What Guitar?

hey. in the August2003 issue of GuitarWorld magazine, there's an article on the band Thrice. on the first page of the article, their bassist is holding a really messed looking bass. do you know what it is?
thanx

how the hell do i paint my guitar!!?????

i sanded down one of my guitar s and im going to be painting it, what type of paint should i use (i.e. laquer,ect...) and basically what all do i need???

Re: how the hell do i paint my guitar!!?????

Check out
http://www.flash.net/~guitars/
for everything you ever wanted to know about guitar finishes but where afraid to ask.

All the best

George

www.PedalworX.com

Digital Recording

What is a good digital recording device with CD/RW to purchase
for acoustic guitar/vocals for under $1,000.00

Washburn Force 6 Chicago

Anyone have any clue what this guitar might be worth? It's all original with locking tremolo. It's in pretty good shape with only one chip in the back. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

newbie guitar wiring?

Hi people. I am not a quitarist so I am new to this site,but I am hoping to learn how to play, hence my question.
Recently I have aquired a strat copy, (esquire!!!???)with all the wires inside the jack socket torn from the socket itself. There are three wires and three contacts on the socket. Simple maths!!?? but I dont want to fuck it or blow myself up!!!! Could anyone tell me or point me to a diagram that would help me out as to which wire goes where?
cheers :o)

Re: newbie guitar wiring?

Go to Seymourduncan.com Click on "support" and go to the appropriate wiring diagram. The colors of your wires may differ but it's easy to figure out.

Later

: Hi people. I am not a quitarist so I am new to this site,but I am hoping to learn how to play, hence my question.
: Recently I have aquired a strat copy, (esquire!!!???)with all the wires inside the jack socket torn from the socket itself. There are three wires and three contacts on the socket. Simple maths!!?? but I dont want to fuck it or blow myself up!!!! Could anyone tell me or point me to a diagram that would help me out as to which wire goes where?
: cheers :o)

: : Hi people. I am not a quitarist so I am new to this site,but I am hoping to learn how to play, hence my question.
: : Recently I have aquired a strat copy, (esquire!!!???)with all the wires inside the jack socket torn from the socket itself. There are three wires and three contacts on the socket. Simple maths!!?? but I dont want to fuck it or blow myself up!!!! Could anyone tell me or point me to a diagram that would help me out as to which wire goes where?
: : cheers :o)

ummm i don't think you'll blow yourself up... go to www.guitarnuts.com they know all about strat wiring

Yamaha G85A repair parts.

I need one of the string tuning knobs and both gears. Where can I purchase these parts? What is this guitar's value? It is in great shape with the exception of the tuning knob assy for one string.

Re: Yamaha G85A repair parts.

: I have one PSR740 and i need the mother board for this instrument. When I can buy this board??

Re: Yamaha G85A repair parts.

I just realized that my guitar that I have been playing on is a G85A. I also cannot find out much info about this guitar. Have you had any luck in getting information? Also I too need one string tuning knob? Is it hard to find parts for this guitar?

Effects Pedals

I need to know which effects pedal i should get. i need a cheap one and i've come up with 2. the zoom 606 and the rp200. please help me.

Re: Effects Pedals

Although i just use a tubescreamer and vox wah, my friend has the rp200 and its a nice pedal, just my opinion.

TSL100 Amp Bias

Hi can someone tell me if installing new valves without rebiassing the amp will have any real damaging effects?

I want to download hindi songs

GuitarBob - Le site de gratte du Bob

http://www.guitarbob.free.fr

Des cours pour apprendre et comprendre la guitare dans des styles axés métal (John Petrucci, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Steve Morse, ...) ou jazz fusion (Greg Howe, Frank Gambale, Brett Garsed, ...) avec pleins de tabs inédites.

Re: GuitarBob - Le site de gratte du Bob

: http://www.guitarbob.free.fr: Os cours do DES derramam inédites métal de avec pleins de aba da fusão do jazz do ou dos axés dos estilos do DES dos dans do guitare do la do apprendre et do comprendre (John Petrucci, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Steve Morse...) (Greg Howe, Gambale frank, Brett Garsed...).

guitar appraisal

I have one acoustic guitar and one electric guitar that I want to sell, I was wondering if anyone with experience could email to get the info.

Re: guitar appraisal

: I have one acoustic guitar and one electric guitar that I want to sell, I was wondering if anyone with experience could email to get the info.

My Guitar's Value

I have a Gibson SG (serial #: 81416539)and case it is in Very Good Condition. I would like to know what the retail value of it would be.
Could you provide me with that info.
Let me know, Thanks!

Bedrock 600 2x12

I need a schematic for a Bedrock 600 series 2x12 combo amp. I will be glad to pay for it or trade one of my many Vox or Fender schematics. Thanks for your help.

my riveria commander guitar

i bought an old riveria commander and need info on it.
its in immaculate cond. and sounds ok too.
looks like a 60s thing????
can any one help ??

Martin D41-looking for value-Approx.

I have a Martin D41 with pearl inlays in a hexagon shapehave no idea the year-need approx value-any guesses

Re: Martin D41-looking for value-Approx.

:
: I have a Martin D41 with pearl inlays in a hexagon shapehave no idea the year-need approx value-any guesses

Any idea of the serial #? If so, email me and should be able to tell you what year. That makes a HUGH difference in the price.
Body condition, laquer checking (spider web style on surface). Stuff like that.

DON'T LET SOMEBODY UNDER QUOTE YOU AND BE TAKEN FOR A RIDE!!!!

Thunderstick

Wasburn 1915

I found old washburn 1915 guitar style 2128, how much is it worth?

What model/brand was the acous. guitar used in Cher's 99' believe tour,

Hi,
I'd like to trouble someone who'd know the brand/model
year or any pertinent information regarding this Acoustic guitar which is cream and brownish colors which David Barry(guitarist) used to play the Spanish sounding Dove' l amore song in the Cher's 1999 Believe tour, I thought that was a great performance and great
guitar playing by Mr. David Barry! Would anyone know how I can learn to play that song/notes/finger placing/chords/charts online or by going to a website and ordering it online? Well any help would be great!
Thank you very much! Sid

Bass Sound for Hme Rec'dng Withour Using Bass Amp

Hi,
I have recently got back to playing guitar, particularly home recording. I have a bass guitar but my bass amp was given to Goodwil. Is there a gadget (affordable) out there that I could plug in between my bass and my multitrack recorder to get authentic bass sounds? I'm a guitar player. Buying another bass amp would be tough on the budget right now.

Re: Bass Sound for Hme Rec'dng Withour Using Bass Amp

: Hi,
: I have recently got back to playing guitar, particularly home recording. I have a bass guitar but my bass amp was given to Goodwil. Is there a gadget (affordable) out there that I could plug in between my bass and my multitrack recorder to get authentic bass sounds? I'm a guitar player. Buying another bass amp would be tough on the budget right now.

Dude. Look on ebay for a used bass Rockman. SHould be able to get one for around $50 MAX. I have a guitar one for sale right now on there.

L8R,

Thunderstick

Boutique pedals anyone ?

Hi all from the guys at www.PedalworX.com
I am just wondering if anyone has heard or tried the Texas Two Step , Tour PrO, McFuzz or McFuzz "Hot" pedals ?

Is anyone here familiar with the pedals of Geoffrey Teese , Joe Gagan or Bob Sweet ?

Thanks & all the best

George B.

For Sale-Kahler Spyder Floating Tremolo Bridge

Yes, that is right. I have one in full working condition. Email for details or...check on ebay. It is now listed and on auction. The auction is listed under the seller name of bigtimedaddy.

Thundestick

Re: For Sale-Kahler Spyder Floating Tremolo Bridge

interested can you send pics, and price? thanks for your time.

justin

do any of you know what tunings cannibal corpse uses?and on what songs

yeah i need to know because its hard shit to figure out i know a lot of it is eb and a lot is on seven strings(which i dont have)and i know i can play a mojority of the six string stuff if i knew what tunings stuff is in....if you know please tell me and go by the album or song if you can.......by the way does anybody on this forum even like death metal or speed metal because i dont see to many posts about it

Re: do any of you know what tunings cannibal corpse uses?and on what songs

Maybe you should get tabs for them? or you can play music from good bands. Like ones that use standard tunings and if its eb just play it a fret doen

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.