Danelectro U3 select-o-matic

Posted by Iedil on Tue, 12/05/06 - 18:32:26.
In Reply to Danelectro Forum

Hello there!! i have just bought a dano U3 but until today i can't figure out how to use the select-o-matic knob and the pickup properly. can someone enlighten me with this knowledge? thank you in advance and may god bless you!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Danelectro U3 select-o-matic

Hey Ledil,

Here's the lowdown on the Select-O-Matic:

Select-O-Matic numbered settings:

1. neck & bridge
2. neck
3. neck & middle
4. middle
5. middle & bridge
6. bridge
7. Toggle switch bypasses the rotary switch and turns all 3 pickups on at once in series.

If you didn't already figure it out, I hope this help.

DaddyO

First, with the toggleswitch in the down (or right) position, the selectomatic is non-functional. Both pick ups are on full.

With the toggle switch in the up (or left) position, the selectomatic dials between the two pick-ups. In the clockwise most position only the bridge pickup is on, then progressively as you dial counterclockwise the current transfers to the other pick-up. You get a twangier treblier tone with the bridge pickup, and a meatier, rounder tone with the other one. Hope that helps. I have a U3 too and love it.

you say two pickups, but there are three on the U3, right? does it only activate the two pickups closest to the bridge? anyhow, thanks for the information. very helpful.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.