Re: Conn guitar

Posted by Rudy Key on Tue, 02/25/03 - 18:51:05.

I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Rare drifter

I believe I own an undiscovered prototype drifter. Very well preserved indented silver foil wrote in ink the serial no. 760600 "rosette" 2 last digit being 5 so again 76060025. The next part is kind of amazing actually really awesome to me but my initials are D.F. I have read and search but could not find this Model: DF 15 O, not zero I believe to be possibly a Japanese code for demo meaning it's maybe one those prototypes I read about. I looked up the guitars information for hours until I thankfully found this websites jack pot of drifter information. Something bothers me about the serial because this guitar can be a 1960 or most likely 1976 but was marked CONTINENTAL MUSIC, OAKBROOK, ILL. centered underneath MADE IN KOREA. now is it just me or could this be a really rare guitar. I'm not sure I hope someone didn't placed more letters to the model but until I know 100% sure I'm going to point out that the D in the serial looks like a skilled Japanese wrote it and the O circled twice maybe being it was written last, emphasis to being a letter not number or both. The ink in all numbers to letters appeare in bright lights to be evenly the same as far as writing on foil with pens goes. Please email information if you even can LOL about my guitar I seriously saved from the garbage man thinking when I open my guitar shop next year I can have a few fixer uppers and hopefully a fascinating story of the drifter named David Fenton who drifted upon his beautiful guitar model DF150. It even has a round inspection sticker on the back 56 inspected by 6715. Hopes this helps and I sure as he'll hope this original drifter was made by a man who knew my name before I was born. Ok now I'm being redicilous. Good day everyone and strum with the your thumbs

I have a 12 string Conn made about 1972. Model F30. Serial 710845598.

Anyone have any idea its value. I want to sell

Conn guitar owner

Hi I am in the same position you are with your Conn guitar history. My wife just brought a Conn guitar from her girlfriend who brought it from her girlfriend. Anyway the Conn guitar I have has serial numbers 71084496 f-20. Made in Japan. I found this website called "the guitar medic" it was very helpful. The website saids it is an unofficial website . It also has a lot of information , hope it's useful. Please inform me of your findings.

I also have a Conn F2712 and cannot make heads or tails of the serial number: 87760561 I sure could use some help with this one.

I have a Conn F15 in pretty good shape. Any suggestions on how to sell it? I'm moving onto a boat with no room for anything and a huge need for money....
Oh yeah, I'm in Berkeley CA
captbohn at gmail dot com

: I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

:
: : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I have found a site for some of the conn getars. Mine says
C. G. Conn and this website gives some history on the instroment http://www.cgconn.com i guess CG has been around since late 1800s

Just picked up a Conn F-25 today (yardsale $30) very nice sounding and looking guitar, built like a brick house. it's got the same engraved metal ID inside. a definite keeper

: Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

: I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: Thanks,
: Bert

: I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : :
: : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Sorry for the previous "repost" of your message. I have a Conn F-27 that I bought in college, back in 1975 or 1976. It was a knockoff of a Martin D-35, with the tri split back. I also have a Conn F-2712, which is the 12 string version. These guitars I believe were the top of the line for Conn, as a couple of guys who lived on the hall played Martin D28 and D35 rigs, and told me about the great sounding guitar at the music shop... couldn't affort $800 for a Martin in those days, but they were right... the Conn sounded as close to a Martin as I'd heard... and, $300 was still a lot of money back then (I was making $2.00 and hour and paying my own way through college)... my luthier of today was working the stockroom at the music store back then, remembers a warehouse full of these instruments, and still says he can't hear that much difference in the two side by side. Also, picked up an F11 on ebay awhile back... smaller body, more or a starter guitar I guess... not a bad sound, but not nearly that of the F27's. Conn's with a "C" in the model number are classical guitars. Rumor has it they were all made at the Aria factory in Japan for distribution by Conn, which had a huge share of the band instrument market at the time, so distribution was a natural for them.

: Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

: I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: Thanks,
: Bert

: : :
: : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

:I have a Conn too, F-27 SN# 57750130. I bought it in 1976 for around $300, and I think it is one of the best sounding acoustics I have ever heard. I'm curious about its value, though I would never sell it.

: : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: : The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

: : I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: : Thanks,
: : Bert

: : I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : : :
: : : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

WTB: CONN 12 String Acoustic

I dont think that my post made it so I am trying again. I am looking to buy a Conn 12 String Acoustic. Anyone who might have one to sell please Send lots of Pictures and Contact info to donandritaj@yahoo.com

Thanks

conn 2712

I have what i think is a very nice one that I would like to sell

WTB: Conn 12 String

I am looking for a Conn 12 String Acoustic ..Anyone having one For Sale please let me know.
Send reply and lots of Pictures with Contact information to donandritaj007@yahoo.com

Thanks

: : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: : : The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

: : : I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: : : Thanks,
: : : Bert

: : : I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : : : :
: : : : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

: : : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: : : : The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

: : : : I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: : : : Thanks,
: : : : Bert

: : : : I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : : : : :
: : : : : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : : : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

My Conn is a 6 string F-25 first two numbers of serial are 73 That's when I bought it. Sounds and looks good today. Every where I look I only find fragments of information about these guitars. Mine also has hastly scrawled serial number and says Oakbrook, Il. and then Made in Japan. rosewood (two piece) back and sides. Big square peral inlay down the fret board

: : : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: : : : The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

: : : : I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: : : : Thanks,
: : : : Bert

: : : : I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : : : : :
: : : : : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : : : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

My Conn is a 6 string F-25 first two numbers of serial are 73 That's when I bought it. Sounds and looks good today. Every where I look I only find fragments of information about these guitars. Mine also has hastly scrawled serial number and says Oakbrook, Il. and then Made in Japan. rosewood (two piece) back and sides. Big square peral inlay down the back.

: : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

: : : The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

I have two Conn accoustic guitars. I have been wanting to know when they were manufactured. One is serial # 602097, the other is a model #7 ser.#74040014. Those serial numbers don't seem to follow what others say should be a serial number.
Can anyone advise me?
Thanks,
Gene

HEY GUYS !! s/n 81750072 model# T OR F 2112 and my inquiry is for dating the 12 string guitar and if it worth fixing. It has the hand etched numbers, made in Japan, and it has the inherint bow on the top, by the bridge and some cosmetic nicks, bumps, scratch, bangs, and is almost complete. Tools to bend and fix the guitar are about $200.00 I have not bought the tools yet. what do you think ?? is it worth spending the $$ and time to repair back to stock or ???? thanks Thomasa

: : : I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

: : : I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: : : : : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...

I too have a conn now going on 36 years, I've owned many guitars through the years and I must say that the conn is unsurpast in the 12 string world, In my humble opinion

: : : I too own a Conn classical guitar. My sister's husband bought it for her somewhere around 1969. It is made in Japan, a model G-100 and the serial number is 50. I would say it is probably a very early Japanese made guitar. It was not taken care of very well, at least not how I would have taken care of it. It is in good to very good condition. It plays and sounds awesome. I got it after my sister died 3 years ago. As with all others, I would appreciate any info on it.

I purchased a Conn G-100, s.n. 189 that appears an early model (1969-1973) from the headstock design and gold label inside...also, no serial number sequence like later models. Made in Japan for Conn. 1969 was the first year Conn produced guitars, made in Japan, according to "thejetmedic.com" -- the G-100 isn't mentioned on their site. Not a lot of answers, lots of questions.

I have a Conn Classical ser. # 121994 model c-10. It was my first guitar when I was, I don't know, 13-14, and I'm 53 now. The thing is awsome! I love it! I also own a Martin D-35, Guild 212XL 12 string, and the Conn gets played more than either. OK, it is a different sound, better for finger picking Amos Lee, and it sits by my Lazy Boy, but I still love it, and would like more info on it.

: : : : I too own a Conn classical guitar. My sister's husband bought it for her somewhere around 1969. It is made in Japan, a model G-100 and the serial number is 50. I would say it is probably a very early Japanese made guitar. It was not taken care of very well, at least not how I would have taken care of it. It is in good to very good condition. It plays and sounds awesome. I got it after my sister died 3 years ago. As with all others, I would appreciate any info on it.

Re: Conn guitar ser no 71090765 model c-10

Conn Guitar - I have your information!

This is an old site but if anyone finds this message and wants info on their model number of conn, I have an old chart that says what each model is made of. email me at wootabeger@hotmail.com

conn 1976 f5

hello i just purchased this conn 6 string acoustic guitar. i am wondering about its backround. it has the serial # 76070140 model f5 i think. please if you could send me any info to help me i would very thankfull, ayden

: : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is

not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only

paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

I bought also bought a C100 CONN at a second hand store for 24.95 even though it was made in japan this guitar is very well made and sounds great I own several classicals in cluding a top of the line Takamini and I'll tell you what this thing sounds as good or better, I think it's a 1971

I haves conn guitar and would like to know what year it is?

I just got this conn acoustic guitar and don't know much about them but really would like to know the year and if it worth anything so I can insure it or not in my house. This is the info I have. The serial# is 57740375 and the model is something 27, it kind of looks like a part T and part H together or something like that. If you need a picture of it let me know. Thank you and hope to hear from someone today.

I have a conn too, and spent quite a bit odf time searching for info. But I finally found some. The link is http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/CONN Theres a bunch of conn models there. Hope this helped: : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

::I appear to be suffering from the same disease as you other guys... I am the owner of a Conn, model f27 six string, serial number 57750027, of CJ Conn Ltd.; Oakbrook Illinois. The guitar appears to be a concert model as it is larger than standard has a three piece back, grover key tuners, and substantial inlay. I find the instrument to have exceptional tone and hope to obtain information on the production records of this instrument. It seems to be constructed along a Martin patent and I am curious as to the patents that the Conn guitars constructed in Japan were using. Please post any info on Conn guitar model f27 and others production information.

::I appear to be suffering from the same disease as you other guys... I am the owner of a Conn, model f27 six string, serial number 57750027, of CJ Conn Ltd.; Oakbrook Illinois. The guitar appears to be a concert model as it is larger than standard has a three piece back, grover key tuners, and substantial inlay. I find the instrument to have exceptional tone and hope to obtain information on the production records of this instrument. It seems to be constructed along a Martin patent and I am curious as to the patents that the Conn guitars constructed in Japan were using. Please post any info on Conn guitar model f27 and others production information.

As to the last post on this board, the 39 would be the week number and the 77 the year.

I also have an F27. Built in the second week of '77. In great shape; I play it almost every day -- often with some online shows that I perform. It's held up extremely well. I've thought many times of replacing it, but as has been stated in many places, the Conn just doesn't seem to carry any resale value. If it were still in production you can almost guarantee a greater resale.

I'm in the I have a conn club. One is a sunburst LP style and I am desperate to fin her sister. She is a red Conn LP and has been missing (stolen from my house) for a year. She does have a replacement neck and a kahler bridge now. She is also signed by The Donnas on the back. Any info would be great. I'd even buy her back. I can also provide pics

I am looking to sell my Conn Guitar. It has a silver colored maker sticker and is marked C G Conn LTD Oakbrook ILL Made in Japan Seriel # 72112350 model #F 10 (I think its an F) My mom bought this for me in a pawn shop in OKLA when I was a kid. I never learned to play. : : : Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

I am really confused. All of your Seriel numbers are large, I have a model F5 with SN: 1872.

My guitar has the same label "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Est. 1875 - Made in Japan", but it is off white in color.

i got one too in wikedpedia or what ever it is it says the guitar division was moved to japan to yamaha check it out
mine is a 6 string model f11
serial 78 111383

I've got a Conn too I don't know what model it is though but the serial number is757b010b at least I think thats what it says I cant make outthe model number at all though

I just bought a f 30 on ebay. A beautiful 12 string. Will let you know how it sounds. Thanks for the info. Neil

Well, let me join the "I got a Conn too" club. In fact, I have two. One's a 12 string F-27 (three piece back) and the other has a plastic bowl back like an Ovation. Both are nice guitars. Especially the F-27. I took off the doubler strings because I hate to tune that many strings. But the sound is excellent. I own seveal guitars (one is a custom made Gallagher G-70 I bought from Mr. Gallagher back in 1976) and I must say that the Conn sound is not that much inferior to the G-70, and I only paid $30 for the Conn at a yard sale. The finish is great also.

The plastic one (not sure of the model) is a perfect knock around guitar. I take it to bluegrass festivals when I camp out and jam around the campfire. In a pick up baseball game, you could probably lay down a bunt with the back of that guitar.

I just found this website message board and haven't had chance to read all the Conn messages. I'm still looking for info (like everybody else) on who the heck made my guitars. I'm sure they are not worth much on the market, so I'll keep mine.

Thanks,
Bert

I have a Conn 12-string, purchased new in December 1977. The model and serial numbers are hand-engraved; the Serial Number is 27760749, and the Model Number appears to be F2712, best I can tell.....the author wasn't very meticulous with his engraving pen, but I've concluded it's a 12-string version of a Model F27 (if there is such a model). The serial number could include a date code - we could assume 277 is the week 2 of 1977, which is a dating code used by many manufacturers. Your guitar's serial number beginning 3976 would be week 39 (September?)1976.

: :
: : : : With all of the inquiries into CONN guitars, you would think there would be more info available online...but NOOOO...I myself have a CONN s/n 39761098 Model T19 (?) but cannot find any info on it. Also, from what I understood, the first two digits of the S/N were the year, but that's not possible with this one...since the factory was moved to Japan in '69 and this one says; "C.G.CONN LTD., OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS - Made in Japan" its not likely this was made in '39. '76 maybe, but not '39. Anyway, I shall climb into the same boat that every other CONN owner appears to be in...
: : : : Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

i just found one online !!!

i was searching online for a nice acoustic to have just to take with me when i went places and i see one called a c.g.conn ltd i was immediately like ok another crappy knock off well i dont like to judge things off that bat (specially when there so cheap) so i researched it and came to find out that there actually rather good sturdy guitars the guys bringing it tommorrow and i couldnt be more excited im mean 40 bucks is nothing for something like this i dont think he knows to much about it though he says it was given to him years ago he also threw in the case!!! i cant wait to join the group and try my hand at unraveling the mystery that is the Conn

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.