Ibanez V300

Posted by Jane Millar on Thu, 11/04/04 - 06:20:02.

I bought this guitars for my father around 1983. Any information you can give me woudl be helpful , a friend sthat plays selected this for me as I know nothing abot guitars. Specs, value , etc.

Thank you,
Jane

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1982 Ibanez V300 Serial # 82060264T / For Sale

Very well cared for non- smoking environment, Excellent condition.

Interested in aquiring Ibanez V300S

Please supply details,location price and if possible pics
I am very interested

Regards

Steve

Re: Ibanez V300

I've found one of 1991 is a good deal?
Like new, without case, what is the right price?

Many thanks.

j'ai acheter cette v300 de 1979 en janvier 2009 et je suis agréablement surpris ,surtout que je possede une gibson j-45 et la difference de prix n'est pas exponentiellemnet justifié .j'ai payer l'ibanez 200 euro.la gibson 2000 euro!
je vais donc rechercher d'autres ibanez vintage et peut-etre revendre la gibson...
le son de l'ibanez manque un peu de basse mais la jouabilité est surprenante avec son action basse ! je la prefere a la gibson qui est moins subtile .

PHIL DE LA HAUTE
nice
france
planete terre

Recently I bought from a privat owner a Ibanez V300 made in Japan during the eighties. I also own a Martin. I can tell you that I play more often onto the V300 then the Martin. Clean and briljant sound. Playability is so good.
Top guitar for only Eur. 580. Second hand ofcourse.

j'ai acheter cette v300 de 1979 en janvier 2009 et je suis agréablement surpris ,surtout que je possede un gibson j-45 et la difference de prix n'est pas exponentiellemnet justifié .j'ai payer l'ibanez 200 euro.la gibson 2000 euro!
je vais donc rechercer d'autres ibanez vintage et peut-etre revendre la gibson...
le son de l'ibanez manque un peu de basse mais la jouabilité est surprenante avec son action basse ! je la prefere a la gibson qui est moins subtile .

PHIL DE LA HAUTE
nice
france
planete terre

: I bought this guitars for my father around 1983. Any information you can give me woudl be helpful , a friend sthat plays selected this for me as I know nothing abot guitars. Specs, value , etc.

: Thank you,
: Jane

very fond of this instrument i have offered 4000 euros this guitar the v 300 is actually a martin if you look into the history you will find that this guitar is a classic worth lots of money

Hi,
I own a V300 SV. It was my first guitar and was build in 1977.
It sounds great and i like to play it.
Here is a link to the Ibanez acoustic guitars catalogue from 1979.
http://www.t3-kundenserver.de/htmlpages/redasys/_core/databases/t_meinl-uploads/1979_ibanez_acoustic_guitars.pdf

Klaus

Re: Ibanez V300L

: Hi,
: I own a V300L the left handed version. I bought it around 1981.It's needed the frets done and action lowered and so I'm told sounds great. Rare find particulary if your left handed like me when looking for guitars. The one guitar I've consistently owned (and there's been a few)

Hi,
if you need some information about your Ibanez, take a look at
http://www.ibanez-vintage-page.com/

Klaus

Re: Ibanez V300 MH

I would love to know what model code V300MH stands for - is this a solid top? some of you have stated that this model is a solid top and some that it is not??

cheers, tina.

: I would love to know what model code V300MH stands for - is this a solid top? some of you have stated that this model is a solid top and some that it is not??

: cheers, tina.
Hey Tina
Mine is a solid top acoustic that was made completely out of mahogony except for the head stock which is a cheesy laminate looking wood. The MH probably stands for Mahogany. This is a great guuitar that I have had since 1981 I believe....its been so long I forgot where I bought it but I think I paid 160.00 bucks for it back then. It has been worth every dime since I have gotten hours and hours of playing out of it. I also have a Gibson j100 but I play my Ibanez more than the Gibson.

: : I would love to know what model code V300MH stands for - is this a solid top? some of you have stated that this model is a solid top and some that it is not??

: : cheers, tina.

Tina, The V stands for Vintage, James was right that MH stands for Mahogany. The top was solid mahogany but the sides and back were laminate mahogany. The neck was Nato.
: Hey Tina
: Mine is a solid top acoustic that was made completely out of mahogony except for the head stock which is a cheesy laminate looking wood. The MH probably stands for Mahogany. This is a great guuitar that I have had since 1981 I believe....its been so long I forgot where I bought it but I think I paid 160.00 bucks for it back then. It has been worth every dime since I have gotten hours and hours of playing out of it. I also have a Gibson j100 but I play my Ibanez more than the Gibson.

A friend of mine is selling me this guitar (IbanezV300Madein Japan) it's in mint condition as if never played, it has pickups in it, Is that standard?

How much is it worth? It plays like a dream And is in its Origonal Case!

Cheers
Alex

I don't think that pick ups are standard.
I have a V300 also, my dad gave it to me and its a beautiful sounding guitar.
Better than any I've ever played. I also think its equal to a Maton.
I've no idea about value or anything, I can't find any information on it.

I agree with all the comments I read here. I already own a Yamaha apx5a acoustic electric thinline guitar which sounds great plugged in but wanted a full bodied dreadnough guitar to play lound chords when unplugged.
With the V300 I can get the boom-chick sound I wanted with load bass notes and crisp chords.
I bought it last year second hand for 220 Euros (I live in France). I think it's an excellent guitar for the price. I don't think you would get a new guitar for the same price and quality.

I bought a black V-300 at a yardsale in Marin, CA in 1996 for $100, no case. The woman wanted $150, but I talked her down. I already had a nice K.Yairi guitar that I paid roughly $800 for, and I wanted a guitar I could bang around. I'm not a great guitar expert or anything, but the Ibanez just played and sounded great, so that was became my "knockaround" guitar, although it sounded so good I always was very careful with it!

Anyway, I think anyone who has one of these guitars has just lucked out, that's all there is to it. Hang on to it, if you have one!

Hi Jane,
Hold on to this guitar!! It is amazing! My ex-wife bought one for me in 1983 for my birthday. Amazingly, I have never had a problem with buzzing or anything at all. I own a Taylor 855 12 string and a Taylor 912 ce and I swear to God it has better action and plays better than both. I think she paid 225.00 new in '83. It's the one good thing that I have been able to hold on to for so many years. You could never replace it for the money it would sell for. You lucked out on this one, as did I because my exwife just picked it out randomly. Lucky You, Don

I picked up an '83 V300 for $100 in 1993. It has a natural finish and one little ding on the soundboard. Had fret buzz at the third fret so I loosened the truss rod about a 1/4 turn and it's sounded phenomenal ever since. No buzz. Only crisp and clear and beautifully tonal and resonant. Far better than any Chinese, Indonesian or Korean dreadnought and probably comparable to an $800-$1200 Martin or Gibson. As far as quality of construction, I've always found Japanese guitars to be as good or better than those made in the US. The V300 is no exception. As for resale value, they're still going for about $100. That's good and bad. Depends on whether you're a seller or a buyer. Personally, I'm snatching up every one I can get my hands on. So far I have one. Too bad they're so rare. Anyway, money value is of no importance. It's a high-quality, great sounding guitar. Just play and enjoy. Consider yourself lucky to have found such an instrument at such a low price.

ibanez v300

i have a v300 in perfect condition for sale price 100 euro

: I picked up an '83 V300 for $100 in 1993. It has a natural finish and one little ding on the soundboard. Had fret buzz at the third fret so I loosened the truss rod about a 1/4 turn and it's sounded phenomenal ever since. No buzz. Only crisp and clear and beautifully tonal and resonant. Far better than any Chinese, Indonesian or Korean dreadnought and probably comparable to an $800-$1200 Martin or Gibson. As far as quality of construction, I've always found Japanese guitars to be as good or better than those made in the US. The V300 is no exception. As for resale value, they're still going for about $100. That's good and bad. Depends on whether you're a seller or a buyer. Personally, I'm snatching up every one I can get my hands on. So far I have one. Too bad they're so rare. Anyway, money value is of no importance. It's a high-quality, great sounding guitar. Just play and enjoy. Consider yourself lucky to have found such an instrument at such a low price.

hey I just pick one at the pawn shop for 69.99 with hard case model V300
GRAVED # 800337.

this guitar is very nice. had mine since about 1981. very fine grain on the spruce top. Mine is a sunburst fnish. Mahogany back and sides. 2 pc back. sealed heads, trussrod. not worth 5 bucks on ebay but would cost 1500 in a martin w the same features probably without a gloss finish. I've banged it around, fingerpicked it, bluegrassed it, changed string gauges etc, willie nelson played and signed it one time.

I'm posting about it because i am getting ready to buy a new guitar and am looking to upgrade. so how do i upgrade in a Martin - well i need to go with rosewood back and sides and thats at least a D16, not one of the dx models. Plus 200 for a gloss. So I'm at about $1600 to $2000 to repalce what I've got with a Martin logo... what is this v300 worth?????? well 50 bucks on ebay.

i hav a ibanez v300.hm much wld u b willing 2 pay 4 it?

bought a V300 S for 80 euros, it sounds great, i love it. I had a 600 euro-takamine and i sold it directly after i snatched this ibanez. Does anybody know what this "S" means? Gruss stephan

Scratch that. One just sold on eBay for $300. I guess we praised it a little too much and people eventually caught on. After thinking it further and taking into account that it has a solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, and then taking into account it's construction quality and sound, it's probably equivalent to a $1900 Martin D-18.

The Ibanez V300 was a midrange value guitar from Japan manufactured in the 80's. It has rosewood back, sides and fret board and a spruce top. It retailed for roughly 600 dollars. It's an excellent instrument that gets better with age and is amazing resilient. Mine has 2 repaired holes, several gouges and several warps and chips, but sounds as good as brand new guitars. They often need setup work, take it to a luthier and have him adjust the action.

: The Ibanez V300 was a midrange value guitar from Japan manufactured in the 80's. It has rosewood back, sides and fret board and a spruce top. It retailed for roughly 600 dollars. It's an excellent instrument that gets better with age and is amazing resilient. Mine has 2 repaired holes, several gouges and several warps and chips, but sounds as good as brand new guitars. They often need setup work, take it to a luthier and have him adjust the action.

That is correct some do need a little work to get the great sound. Mine was good from the start and when I wore out the frets the first time I had the whole set up redone, action lowered and new frets. I could not believe the difference it made. I have heard people on here comparing it to other guitars such as Martin etc. and I would have to agree. I have a Gibson J100 and I think my Ibanez is actually better but I need to have my Gibson set up properly so its not a fair comparision. I've had mine for 25 years and I'll never part with it.

Ibanez V300 BK

I have an Ibanez V-300 black. A good friend gave it to me as a present for getting his jazz band a gig in Aruba.

I took it to Nico Volpe (more than a luthier...an artist)who returned me the instrument with a very low action and some fret work. It sounded so good that I installed an LR Baggs M1 (passive acoustic mike)on the sound hole and later added a LR Baggs pre amp-equalizer.

There´s no way I can change this instrument for any other brand. Like the fine wines, it gets better with the years. forget about the scratchs and chips...

Enjoy yours!

mem

: I bought this guitar for my father around 1983. Any information you can give me would be helpful , a friend that plays selected this for me as I know nothing about guitars. Specs, value , etc.

: Thank you,
: Jane

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.