framus acoustic serial trail help

Posted by vernallis on Fri, 01/09/04 - 12:49:41.

just fell into a framus out of the blue.
looks like model 5/94 or is that 5194?
s.n. 51572
cool archback that throws warmth.
anyone got a line on its age?
thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Looking For Info on Framus Gaucho Guitar

I am considering repairs to a Framus Gaucho Guitar that has belonged to my bride for the past 40+ years. The neck I believe is a "bolt-on" mahogany without a truss rod. It has always, despite a set up that has brought the action at the nut as low as possible, results in 1/4"+ at the 12th fret. Since I don't think the original neck can be straightened, I'd like to have a luthier replace the neck. Any opinions on whether the work would devalue the guitar and whether the work is possible ? Mostly a sentimental endeavor but with the intent of making the guitar a playable piece. It still has great sound and is in overall better than average condition.
Label inside reads a follows (typical Framus Bavarian Werks)
Gaucho 5/194
Ser. No. 23813 69E
In addition, rubber-stamped on label to right of the serial number, approximately 1/2" tall, black Block letters "EX". Anyone know what that might indicate?

Thanks for the help, Mark Zee

Re: framus acoustic serial trail help

: just fell into a framus out of the blue.
: looks like model 5/94 or is that 5194?
: s.n. 51572
: cool archback that throws warmth.
: anyone got a line on its age?
: thanks!

I think this is the Framus Gaucho model Mahogany sides and spruce top one went for 80 dollars recently the age is usually donated by a number followed by a letter like 71b is 1971 february

Old framus Gaucho

Model 5/94
s.n. 46892
archback
anyone got a line on its age?
thanks!

Re: just brought a framus acoustic guitar

: just fell into a framus out of the blue.
: looks like model 5/94 or is that 5194?
: s.n. 51572
: cool archback that throws warmth.
: anyone got a line on its age?
: thanks!
I just brought a framus acoustic guitar. I think it might be a collector's item. The model number is 74A 05301 and the serial number is 001121. Can you tell what it is worth and how old is it? Thanks Woody

Framus 74A 05301 S/N 102450

Can anyone out there date this guitar for me or provide any info? I bought it an auction but know much about Framus. Sunburst finish, moustache-bridge, thin neck, and has a great warm-full tone.

: : just fell into a framus out of the blue.
: : looks like model 5/94 or is that 5194?
: : s.n. 51572
: : cool archback that throws warmth.
: : anyone got a line on its age?
: : thanks!
: I just brought a framus acoustic guitar. I think it might be a collector's item. The model number is 74A 05301 and the serial number is 001121. Can you tell what it is worth and how old is it? Thanks Woody

It's a January 1974 model. Yhere doesn't appear to be any nmodel info in your message.

: : : just fell into a framus out of the blue.
: : : looks like model 5/94 or is that 5194?
: : : s.n. 51572
: : : cool archback that throws warmth.
: : : anyone got a line on its age?
: : : thanks!
: : I just brought a framus acoustic guitar. I think it might be a collector's item. The model number is 74A 05301 and the serial number is 001121. Can you tell what it is worth and how old is it? Thanks Woody

:
: It's a January 1974 model. Yhere doesn't appear to be any nmodel info in your message.

I think if it's an acoustic guitar that it is the Framus Goucho model the model 5/94 that is

I'm in the middle of getting one of these back into shape. - a November 62. I really like the thick neck. The one I'm working on lost its pickguard somewhere along the line - I'd like it to look as original as possible - does anyone have any close up pictures or tracings of the pickguard.

: : : just fell into a framus out of the blue.
: : : looks like model 5/94 or is that 5194?
: : : s.n. 51572
: : : cool archback that throws warmth.
: : : anyone got a line on its age?
: : : thanks!
: : I just brought a framus acoustic guitar. I think it might be a collector's item. The model number is 74A 05301 and the serial number is 001121. Can you tell what it is worth and how old is it? Thanks Woody

:
: It's a January 1974 model. Yhere doesn't appear to be any nmodel info in your message.

I think if it's an acoustic guitar that it is the Framus Goucho model

need help to identify a Levin Steelstring acoustic guitarr...

Hi - I just got an old Levin guitarr with a weird serial: 248933 and than thereĀ“s a gap between the last to digits 19.

Anybody know the year or where I could get some help with this?

Thanks

Jeppovic
jeppovic@hotmail.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.