HEIT guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Steve on Sun, 11/11/01 - 08:54:41.

Does anyone have information on HEIT guitars? A friend passed this guitar on to me and I would like to inquire information (I know that its not worth $$ but would like to refurbish). Thanks, Steve

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

heit guitars

i've actually done some research and some heit guitars ar going for anywhere from $375 to $1500. so don't sleep on them...do some homework. u may have a piece thats worth something.

Re: HEIT Delux electric guitar

can any one help...I have a Heit delux electric guitar...in the original hard case..and the pots are...B500K,,...AND ...B100K..ANY ONE ???

Re: HEIT Delux electric guitar

can any one help...I have a Heit delux electric guitar...in the original hard case..and I dont know the year of it...the pots are...B500K....and B100K...any one know.??? Tony FL.

Re: HEIT guitar

: Does anyone have information on HEIT guitars? A friend passed this guitar on to me and I would like to inquire information (I know that its not worth $$ but would like to refurbish). Thanks, Steve

: : Does anyone have information on HEIT guitars? A friend passed this guitar on to me and I would like to inquire information (I know that its not worth $$ but would like to refurbish). Thanks, Steve

I have a Heit six string, Deluxe model. I, like yorself. am trying to find out a little about them

I have a Heit bass, I also agree that it will not be worth much, but, I would like to know where the hell they come from.

: I do i want to sell mine if you want to buy it it is red with a rosewood finish and i need to sell it

Still want to see it? I want to buy it.
Let's talk email bcfreeman@optonline.net. Phone = 908-231-5665.

: : I do i want to sell mine if you want to buy it it is red with a rosewood finish and i need to sell it .

Barry here.

Yes. I want to buy it. Let's talk 908-231-5665

Re: OK. I'll buy it. Let's talk HEIT guitar

: : : I do i want to sell mine if you want to buy it it is red with a rosewood finish and i need to sell it .

: Barry here.

: Yes. I want to buy it. Let's talk 908-231-5665

: Does anyone have information on HEIT guitars? A friend passed this guitar on to me and I would like to inquire information (I know that its not worth $$ but would like to refurbish). Thanks, Steve
Heit guitars were made by Teisco , when importing them into the
U.S, the name was changed for whatever reason to Heit , Kent, kingston etc. One of my first Bass guitars was a Teisco ,and sounded great. I recently purchased a Heit Bass on e-bay for $75.00 , and the pick up was identical to the ones used on the Teisco Bass . Their are a few sites devoted to the Teisco
Guitars , and i suggest having a good look at the hardware on your Heit , and compare them to the pics on their sites, you should find this interesting.

Steve,
I dont have any info on Heit guitars but I'm looking, hence I found this site. I did have a Heit in my teens (28 yr.s ago) and wish I still had it. It had a great neck!

I have a Heit Deluxe. I don't know much about the company, but the guitar looks characteristic of a circa 1960's guitar with its black, red, and amber sunburst. Also, the finish checking and chips point to many years of use. Here's my story:

I fixed it up, and it plays pretty good. Concerning quality, it is about like an upscale beginner guitar in the $200-250 price range. Mine has 4 single coil pickups, each with an on-off switch. It has a zero fret and it originally had a cheap trem with a fixed bridge, kinda like a really, really cheap Bigsby vibrato. It also had cheap tuners with plastic buttons.

Here's what I did to repair it: I took everything apart to start with. That was a learning experience :-) I determined that I would need to replace the tuners and the bridge. I ordered the parts from Carvin. I cleaned everything up. I also glued tin foil to the inside of the body cavity and the back side of the pickguard. It is not silent, but I'm sure the shielding helped reduce noise. I noticed the neck pocket looked like it had a chip in it on the edge, so I used a mixture of wood and superglue to reshape it a little. It fit tighter, but it was still quite loose. More on that below. The volume and tone pots were very good in my opinion. Maybe not as good as most standard Strat pots, but still very tolerable. I put everything together and strung it up.

Some comments about playing...tuning is a little funny. It has a very loose neck joint, and it can be knocked out of tune very easily, even by putting the guitar on a stand. I was able to get a very good action the way I set it up. I had to adjust the truss rod a little, and the bridge is almost as low as it will go, but the action is pretty good. I actually prefer the way the neck feels on my Heit better than my brother's Mexican Standard Strat.

All in all, I would say it is well worth the $55 in parts that I spent. It beats having no electric guitar. I would think twice before recording with it, though. The tuning can be frustrating. By the way, the pickups are the fattest, warmest single coils I have ever heard. It is great for some types of music, but ALL of the pickups are characteristically very fat, and it has about 2 sounds: FAT at the bridge and FATTER at the neck. The middle two pickups sound just about like the neck pickup.

: I recently baught my first bass guitar, and it is a Heit Deluxe. Ive been looking for information on heit guitars for quite some time and i cant find anything!! if you happen to know anything more about them, i'd like to know

hey u have a heit deluxe bass? i do too u find anything out about em or maybe how much there worth?

steve,contact me, I have a freind in the repair business who can help. I have a Heit Deluxe that was made between 1960-70 most Heits were made during this time. mike

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.