Ibanez NW340 - blonde acoustic

Posted by Andy Bounsall on Wed, 06/06/01 - 07:25:31.
In Reply to Ibanez Guitars

I have a 6 string acoustic, bought 2nd hand 10 years ago. Label inside the sound hole says Model NW340, Serial Number 83100744H. It has spruce top; maple back, sides, neck, and finger board; white abalone dot inlay; tortoise-shell pickguard; cream color binding on body & neck. I saw a picture of an M340 from the early eighties that looked almost identical. I'm guessing the '83' in the serial number is the year of manufacture. Any info on age, original price, current value, etc, would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ibanez NW340 - blonde acoustic

I bought my NW340 in Italy probably in 83' or 84'. I work in guitar sales and I 've never seen another one ever! I wonder if they were distrubuted primarly in Europe. Anyone know? and also if anyone has any info. it would be much appreciated. MP

This is years later than the original post but, I just saw the web-site. My ex-wife bought me one in the late 70's or early 80's, at a little music store in Buena Park, CA.

Great guitar. I had the frets smoothed and dressed a couple of years ago to improve the action. It's a great finger style guitar but also sounds good flat picked. I'd put it's tone up against most any Martin or Gibson.

George

I recently saw a 1983 Ibanez catalog listed for sale on ebay. The seller is here in Canada. Much to my surprise, one of the pictures of the catalog shows the NW series acoustics and there on the page is my blonde NW340! Too cool!

I bought my NW340 in Italy probably in 83' or 84'. I work in guitar sales and I 've never seen another one ever! I wonder if they were distrubuted primarly in Europe. Anyone know? and also if anyone has any info. it would be much appreciated. MP : I have a 6 string acoustic, bought 2nd hand 10 years ago. Label inside the sound hole says Model NW340, Serial Number 83100744H. It has spruce top; maple back, sides, neck, and finger board; white abalone dot inlay; tortoise-shell pickguard; cream color binding on body & neck. I saw a picture of an M340 from the early eighties that looked almost identical. I'm guessing the '83' in the serial number is the year of manufacture. Any info on age, original price, current value, etc, would be appreciated.

I´ve bought mine M340 in 1979 here in germany.
This thing has cost 700 DM.

Greetings Ralf

Well... it's not mine (it's my Dad's) and he got his uh... about 20 years ago ? I wanted to know more about it. It's wikked to play but the lazy bugger doesnt change the string often enough haha. incidentally, are yours made in Japan?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.