Re: New K. Yairi, Alvarez-Yairi Discussion Group....

Posted by Bruce on Sun, 10/21/01 - 18:48:52.

I am a novice guitar player. . . about 1 year. I bought a Alvarez Yairi DY73CS, 1983, ser#50533. condition is + to ++. I restrung with Elixirs. This thing sings and wails. Is anyone out there familiar with this or know its value?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a dy73cs from 1985

I have a dy73cs from 1985 and it is an incredible guitar that stands up to any Taylor or Martin. I use Dean Markly ML bronze strings on it and it sounds incredible.

Yairi DY73CS, mfg'd1983 ser#50533

: I am a novice guitar player. . . about 1 year. I bought a Alvarez Yairi DY73CS, 1983, ser#50533. condition is + to ++. I restrung with Elixirs. This thing sings and wails. Is anyone out there familiar with this or know its value?

Re: Yairi DY 73CS

If you are a novice...you might not know how good of deal you got. That guitar listed for around $700 in 1985. Its handmade and it is quality. Yairi guitars don't have good resale value.(check ebay)...just trust your ears...that guitar will hold its own with the best of them.

Re: Re: Yairi DY 73CS

I have #50542 and have yet to hear a nicer voice from other fine guitars. The girl comes alive with such resonance and crispness...what a treat!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.