Alvarez Yairi DY61

Posted by Tommy Williams on Sun, 11/12/00 - 22:59:46.
In Reply to Ravita's Music

I just purchased an Alvarez Yairi DY61 and would like to know as much about it as I can. Type of woods, list price , availability , used value etc.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez Yairi DY61

: I just purchased an Alvarez Yairi DY61 and would like to know as much about it as I can. Type of woods, list price , availability , used value etc.

I owned a YairiDY61, Serial 64905. They 'kicked my door in'...(Thanks to a friend)...and took it..and all my stuff..**** ers..thats gettin busted in Kansas..hah..anyway..I still have the book and certificate that came with it..so I know the Woods..but not knowledgeable of Prices..ok..here's Exact quote..
Mine was completed on 5-87 and signed by the Guitar makin Guru..and has Date of Manufacture of 12-86..followed by his hand signed name. So..here's the Quote in book.

Signature Standard
DY61
"Each of the Signature guitars is unique. Kazuo Yairi feels special pride for every guitar, so each instrument bears his signature on the top.
The exquisite headstock is inlaid with a combination of natural materials that make a statement of distinction. Maple, abalone, ebony, walnut and burled mahagony all are hand inlaid with pride. tghe warm solid cedar top, natural wood bindings and beautiful burled mahogany give the instrument its tonal character. Even the machine heads are unique; gold, amber buttoned and die cast for accurate tuning. The genuine abalone and mother of pearl is inlaid in the 12th fret position to state the DY61 is truly something special."
There ya go..hope this msg is of value to you brother....d

ps The book i got with it has a bunch of alvarez yairi discriptions..so if ya need info on others i might have it..later

: I just purchased an Alvarez Yairi DY61 and would like to know as much about it as I can. Type of woods, list price , availability , used value etc.I have an older one from 1987 and I was told the back is coral rosewood. Is this true!

DY61 last suggested retail was $ 1499, suggested retail 100% value is $ 1124, in excellant condition should fetch $ 750, average $ 500......come join Yairi discussions at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yairiguitars/

Dave

: I just purchased an Alvarez Yairi DY61 and would like to know as much about it as I can. Type of woods, list price , availability , used value etc.

: DY61 last suggested retail was $ 1499, suggested retail 100% value is $ 1124, in excellant condition should fetch $ 750, average $ 500......come join Yairi discussions at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yairiguitars/sss

: Dave

:

:
: : I just purchased an Alvarez Yairi DY61 and would like to know as much about it as I can. Type of woods, list price , availability , used value etc.

: : DY61 last suggested retail was $ 1499, suggested retail 100% value is $ 1124, in excellant condition should fetch $ 750, average $ 500......come join Yairi discussions at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yairiguitars/sss

: : Dave

: : I have a 1986 DY61 and I love it. I have had it for 17 yrs +. I wonder what the value is - not that I would ever sell it.

: :
: : : I just purchased an Alvarez Yairi DY61 and would like to know as much about it as I can. Type of woods, list price , availability , used value etc.

The catalog I have says: Back & Side are Natural burled mahogony; Top is solid cedar and fret board is rosewood.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.