D 10 Epiphone-Bought at auction and told it was a Gibson. Help!

Posted by Luella on Tue, 10/30/01 - 07:47:32.
In Reply to Guitar Outpost

I'm a beginner as you would guess. I bought a nice looking Ephiphone at an auction with decals on the neck and inside the body with Gibson on it. Buying only from pictures I did not know that the decals were only "stuck" on. If anyone can help me to find out what I have I would be grateful. I can email pictures and more info if needed. It is blond finish with I beleive high gloss rosewood or mahogny sides and back. It also has Norlin on the inside and made in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Thanks! Luella

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: D 10 Epiphone-Bought at auction and told it was a Gibson. Help!

I think I have the same guitar. I've had it for at least 20 years (bought by my parents after I sold my Gibson because of a girl). Anyway, it too has Norlin from Lincolnwood, IL on the label. I haven't been able to find any further info about this guitar. I play Guild guitars now, but have kept this old one around for sentimental reasons and for my kids to play. If anyone has any leads on the history of this guitar please let me know.

Re: D 10 Epiphone-Bought at auction and told it was a Gibson. Help!

: I'm a beginner as you would guess. I bought a nice looking Ephiphone at an auction with decals on the neck and inside the body with Gibson on it. Buying only from pictures I did not know that the decals were only "stuck" on. If anyone can help me to find out what I have I would be grateful. I can email pictures and more info if needed. It is blond finish with I beleive high gloss rosewood or mahogny sides and back. It also has Norlin on the inside and made in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Thanks! Luella

information about your Epiphone/Gibson instrument!

: : epiphone was a independant company in kalamazoo, mich.
that was purchased by gibson. Both gibson and epiphone{U.S. models} use "GUILD" inc. hardware. You may have an imported Epiphone so you'd need to know the approx. year and what color options or hardware options to know if you have a "real" Epiphone/Gibson or "jap crap"!!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.