Re: searching for a 'Mountain' acoustic guitar

Posted by Matt on Wed, 02/06/02 - 11:52:59.

: Hi! My husband rhapsodizes about the 'Mountain' acoustic guitar, and I was hoping to locate one and possibly purchase it for a great Christmas present. Can you help me find this elusive creature?

I have a Mountain Acoustic guitar, some how it made it's way to the UK. It's a D28 copy.

I would love to know more about the origins

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: searching for a 'Mountain' acoustic guitar

: : Hi! My husband rhapsodizes about the 'Mountain' acoustic guitar, and I was hoping to locate one and possibly purchase it for a great Christmas present. Can you help me find this elusive creature?

: I have a Mountain Acoustic guitar, some how it made it's way to the UK. It's a D28 copy.

: I would love to know more about the origins

Last year I bought a 1973 Mountain acoustic, it is a very good copy of a Martin D-41 & is a beautiful instrument with solid rosewood back & sides, solid spruce top mellowed to a golden brown color. I am of the opinion that it is Brazilian rosewood but have not authenticated this yet. It has the Mountain logo inlaid vertically in abalone like Martin on the rosewood headstock & there are large abalone inlays on the rosewood fingerboard, inlay around the top & soundhole. It has a wonderful mellow tone & is LOUD with great sustain. Looking inside the soundhole, on the back brace is engraved 'Handmade' & the name of supposedly the luthier (Mayashi?) who crafted it. I cannot find much out about this guitar but I love it, it is a superbly made instrument, great sounding & beautiful to look at. If you find one, & they seem quite rare, they are well worth investing in.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.