The Schaller Scholar exclusive to rosetti

Posted by Darryn on Mon, 08/02/04 - 05:14:40.

I have found this guitar, does anyone know what it is?
i.e year etc.. It looks at least 30 years old and Rosetti
has no information on this classical nylon string guitar...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have one too - bought it

I have one too - bought it new in 1973 from reputable guitar maker.

Re: The Schaller Scholar exclusive to rosetti

I have owned one of these guitars since about 1975 - it was given to me by a friend of my father's, so it was second-hand then and it looked as if it was a good few years old then so I would say pretty definitely from the sixties. I still play it but like others, have never managed to find any infor on it. I do know that it was a relatively cheap guitar when bought from new (although back then a 'cheap ' guitar was quite expensive compared to now.

I should imagine it is

I should imagine it is manufactured in Cremona Factory Luby, Czeckoslovakia. These days they are known as Strunal.

I had a Tatra classical guitar from same period and the headstock and neck design is almost identical. I also once owned a violin by Rosetti and that was definitely from Cremona in Luby.

: I have owned one of these guitars since about 1975 - it was given to me by a friend of my father's, so it was second-hand then and it looked as if it was a good few years old then so I would say pretty definitely from the sixties. I still play it but like others, have never managed to find any infor on it. I do know that it was a relatively cheap guitar when bought from new (although back then a 'cheap ' guitar was quite expensive compared to now.

I too have this guitar. My sister bought it through the school music teacher when she wanted to learn to play.The year would be about 1968 and I thinkthe price was either £10 or £15. I have recently taken it out of the loft ,re-strung it and started to play it again. It has a lovely
warm tone and is easy to play.

: : I bought my Schaller Scholar around 1964/66 as best I can remember and believe it cost about £14. The label inside describes it as No.007, The Schaller Scholar, exclusive to Rosetti, Foreign.
This guitar was passed to my sister-in-law who later gave it to my son. Recently my son and I have repaired it and put it back to a playable state. One of the pearlised plastic tuning buttons had cracked and come in two, whilst others showed signs of cracking as well. The machine heads were all replaced.
The major problem was that the rear of the bridge had lifted away from the top of the guitar, pulling the facing veneer with it. We replaced this with a new bridge and saddle after filling the damaged face with a wood infill.
Hope this will give the instrument a new life - a further 45 years ?

i

I have one too, don't know any history behind it though. Is it really from the 60's??? Mine looks pretty old... Got it for £15 from a car boot sale. What is it, why only 18 frets??

I too have been trying for some time to learn more about this beautiful little guitar called a schaller scholler. Mine looked about 20 or 30 years old when I got it and I have had it for about the same length of time, but sadly I have'nt been able to kearn any more about the instrument than you. Please let me know if you find out anything else about this beautiful little thing. Gary.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.