FENDER MUSTANG- a question of age...

Advertisement
Posted by Patti on Mon, 02/25/02 - 11:10:52.

I have a Fender Mustang, and I was wondering if somebody could help me figure out the year it was made.
The serial number has no letter, number, or symbol before it. The only thing stamped on the plate behind the neck is the number 213266.
The guitar is Olympic White, with a tortoise shell pick guard. The pick guard is held on with 12 screws. The Tremolo Bar has a white tip. There are 2 slider switchs ON-OFF-PHASE for each of the two pickups.
From all that I've read, I think it's a 1964, except that there isn't an "L" in the serial number.

The over all condition is good, there is some wear on one part instrument, some of the finish is worn off the bottom side the body. I had the original case, but it was stolen at one point, and the case was never recovered.
Any thoughts as to this guitar's worth?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer!
-Patti

Related Article:
Fender '65 Super Reverb FSR Guitar Amp - Great for Blues

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: FENDER MUSTANG- a question of age...

I'm nowhere near my Fender info book today but one easy tip is body contouring.
Most models have contouring on the back of the body (like a strat)for comfort but '65 and earlier are just a simple slab of wood - not as comfortable but considerably more valuable (I know cos I'm lucky enough to have one !)
I'll write again when I've checked on some more info - hope this is of some help anyway!
Simon

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.