Re: can't reference fender strat serial ....a little help inside

Posted by frank on Tue, 10/22/02 - 04:56:32.

: I bought a fender strat with a serial number that starts with MN. I can't find any website that can tell me what kind of strat that is. There are 6 numbers after the N. I thought maybe the M stands for made in Mexico, but that is just a guess. Nobody can help me so far. I appreciate any help that you can give. Thanks

Other Fender Serial Number Schemes.
Fender has recently (in the last 20 years) introduced LOTS of different serial numbers schemes, depending on the country the Fender was made (USA, Mexico, Japan, Korea, etc). Not all schemes are covered here! Sorry, since I do not collect new Fenders, I don't really keep track of these things. Below are some examples of letter prefixes used in recent serial number schemes.
V : this prefix used for US made "vintage reissue" models, 1982 to present.
25 + 4 digits : 1979 to 1980 Anniversary Stratocaster.
AMXN : "AMX" means assembled in Mexico with American parts,
"N" is the decade (1990s).
MN : "M" means Mexican made, "N" is the decade (1990s).
C : this prefix used in 1982.
D : this prefix used in late 1981 to early 1982.
GO : this prefix used in the early 1980s.
SE : this prefix means a Signature Edition, 1982 to present.
4 digit decal on back of peghead: custom order model 1987 to present.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: can't reference fender strat serial ....a little help inside!!

It is a california series. It was not assembled in mexico, just painted there. They are actually rare and good guitars.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.