Looking for Global Guitar Co.

Advertisement
Posted by tom on Tue, 02/13/07 - 21:20:09.

I have what seems to be one of very few guitars left that were made by global musical instrument company, which was in turn manufactured by sorento, nola, bolero, sonata, and torino. If anyone has any ideas, info, or pics even lemme know

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Looking for Global Guitar Co.

I bought my Global 401DN Accustic Guitar at Lackland AFB, Texas PX for $20 in November 1969. The other day I cleaned out My sisters Garage and there it was, With 4 origional strings and still, a High Bridge. She is blond faced wraped in red wood. The Head is two slot cut and red wood color, with Gold Glodal logo in old english. Inside port is the round paper Global logo. She came back 40 years later, maybe she is looking for a new set of strings?

Global Acoustic Guitar... Great Grandmother's

I have my great grandmother's old Global Acoustic guitar.

Re: Global Acoustic Guitar... Great Grandmother's

i also have an old global accoustic turns out they are hand made in the phillipiens .....but worth very little hope that helps

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Looking for Global Guitar Co.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Looking for Global Guitar Co.

I just got one from my cousin, given to him by his Dad, gotten from Heavan knows where....
The reason I have it and so on... is that the Bridge has pulled from the body of the guitar. I am not sure it is worth repair... but plan to look into it.

: I have what seems to be one of very few guitars left that were made by global musical instrument company, which was in turn manufactured by sorento, nola, bolero, sonata, and torino. If anyone has any ideas, info, or pics even lemme know

I just bought one from a garage sale for 40$. It's not bad, but it's pretty much a Les Paul knockoff. I'm also having trouble with finding a cable that fits.

Still have my global guitar from 70's

I have a Global guitar that I purchased new from a Sears Catalog some time in the mid 70's. It is Red with sunburst front. It has a black pickguard with red roses and a white dove. The bridge has screws that raise and lower the strings. Paid around $89.99 new with package including the hard case. Still plays good just a little hard on the upper frets. Also the Bridge has raised a little in the back.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.